selecting by reading name

well is it possible to perform a select or click option of a button or a label just by writing name of it in the script (for example their is one button on my tool as "Multitest", so can i write this name into a command which which directly select tht button or click it....instead of giving mouse co ordinates)???? Actually i am trying to automate a release test so i have to automate the GUI testing tool so i want to knw abt this

That's because your parameters are wrong. Did you read the entry about 'Controls' in the help file? The one linked in ControlClick? Did you check out the sample code at the bottom of the entry?

ControlClick("INCA/MAC", "", "[TEXT:BATCHTEST]")

I'm assuming that "INCA/MAC" is the window title and that you have no need to match the window text to identify the correct window you want. And that "BATCHTEST" is the text of the button you want clicked.

Do note that buttons with Alt+<key> shortcuts have '&' in their actual button text. (e.g. Add [with shortcut: Alt+A] = &Add) Best way to make sure is to use the AutoIt Window Info Tool to check the button text.

Edited by omikron48

Did you even try using the Window Info Tool to snoop the information you need for your parameters? OR reading the help file? OR did all you do was plug in that line of code?

Out of everything I told you, just which did you even do?

Edited by omikron48

well from the window info tool i get the information abt my coordinates only no ID nothing....its ok if it doesnt performs the click action by name but atleast it shud click the active window coordinates....it always click the screen coordinates i need this bcoz if i change the position of my gui window it shudnt create any problem in clicking