Blocking dlls?

Avaya

Hi,

I'm writing scripts in AutoIT from some time but I wanted recently to run them on building machine (CI). I simply added new task to Windows Scheduler so it runs my scripts at 3:00AM every day. Scripts operate on directory where binaries of my soft are put (binaries that are used by soft being tested of course), and they are supposed to be deleted before every build. But my script seems to block those dlls (although it's script ends properly) and they cannot be deleted which causes error on CI machine. Anyone had similar problem?

Thanks for help!

As 'script' I mean my AutoIT script thats launching and making some GUI operations on software. Software is being build in CI technology (it means that after each build all binaries are deleted and replaced with new ones) on building machine so that's where my script has to be launched. Script performs some work and then exits with code 0 or 1, but dlls of an application that the script is testing are blocked and unable to be deleted.

Hope it's clear now ;-)

Edited by Avaya

but dlls of an application that the script is testing are blocked and unable to be deleted.

Obviously, while the script is testing the dll's, these are blocked and therefore can not be deleted.

It honestly sounds like you have no idea what's going on, and who's doing what. Have you tried making an activity diagram?

Obviously, while the script is testing the dll's, these are blocked and therefore can not be deleted.

It honestly sounds like you have no idea what's going on, and who's doing what. Have you tried making an activity diagram?

Make sure you used DllClose() on any DllOpen() handles if you're making any calls to the dlls in your script.

Also, if the software is releasing the handles on the files, i.e., using the close function on the files.

[topic="80940"] AutoScript Creator, Script to automate anything![/topic]