IDE Question

HallMarc

Is here a way to step through a script line by line like I can do in Visual Studio?

I've looked through add-in tools, and did not see anything. If this is not possibe, how can I get the status of each line as it is executed with out whriing a lot of extra code?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'll have to wait till I get home to get the debugger. Downlod of exe's is blocked here at work Posted Image

I have some 150 registry etries tht I need to verify/modify and I need to find out which one(s) are gving me problems.

Stumpii's debugger definately looks promising!

BTW, where do you guys come up with this stuff?????

JohnOne is pretty correct, but basically you want this: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21834

Just found that myself and tried it, but got autoit errors when hit the debug button.

I dont want to be pestering the author with emails though until I know if I'm doing something wrong.

I'll try it again a few mor times first.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I'll have to wait till I get home to get the debugger. Downlod of exe's is blocked here at work Posted Image

How dare they!!

I have some 150 registry etries tht I need to verify/modify and I need to find out which one(s) are gving me problems.

Many AutoIt programmers prefer to debug their programs with the ConsoleWrite command. They run the script from SciTE, and SciTE shows the output of the script. The idea is that you write a short text or you output a variable and do debugging the old fashioned way.

BTW, where do you guys come up with this stuff?????

A lot of lurking.

Just found that myself and tried it, but got autoit errors when hit the debug button.

I dont want to be pestering the author with emails though until I know if I'm doing something wrong.

It has always worked for me in the past, but I did not try the latest version. I am not in a position to be able to test this, maybe ask around..

I'll try it again a few mor times first.

Not certain if rapidshare links are allowed so I send you a pm with rared exe

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

If you're just looking to verify registry writes, you could use a function like this:

Func _RegWrite ( $keyname , $valuename, $type, $value )
    $return= RegWrite ( $keyname , $valuename, $type, $value)
    $error=@error
    ConsoleWrite($keyname &" "& $valuename &" "&$return & " "& $error &@CRLF)
EndFunc

And use search/replace to replace RegWrite in the main script with _Regwrite.

If you want to run from a compiled EXE you can save it to a log file instead of consolewrite.