Output to _array

alan lim

How to make the following line to output to an array instead to a text file? The reason is if I output to a file, and at the end I have to delete it. Is quite troublesome. Thank you

runwait(@ComSpec & " /c" & "dsquery user "& '"ou=HR,dc=xxxx,dc=com"' & " -name" &" alan*")

Alan Lim

To query the Active Directory you could use the ADFunctions UDF. This would solve this (and probably future) problems.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes, it's possible. Something like this:

#include <adfunctions.au3>

Global $asUsers
_ADGetObjectsInOU($asUsers,"ou=HR,dc=xxxx,dc=com","(&(objectCategory=user)(name=alan*))",2,"name,description")
_ArrayDisplay($asUsers)

Each function in adfunctions.au3 has a description of the required parameters. The term "(&(objectCategory=user)(name=alan*))" is an ordinary LDAP query string. Documentation on how to build such strings can be found on the internet.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you for your replied.

I have copied your script and run it. The description still show nothing.

I have even remove the name and left the desciption, _ADGetObjectsInOU($asUsers,"ou=HR,dc=xxxx,dc=com","(&(objectCategory=user)(name=alan*))",2,"description"). The array don't show anything. This is the problem I have facing.

Are you sure that the description field is filled in AD? Could you download the Active Directory Explorer from M$ (previous Sysinternals) and run it (no installation required, just run the exe) to check if there is a description?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's possible. Something like this:

#include <adfunctions.au3>

Global $asUsers
_ADGetObjectsInOU($asUsers,"ou=HR,dc=xxxx,dc=com","(&(objectCategory=user)(name=alan*))",2,"name,description")
_ArrayDisplay($asUsers)

Each function in adfunctions.au3 has a description of the required parameters. The term "(&(objectCategory=user)(name=alan*))" is an ordinary LDAP query string. Documentation on how to build such strings can be found on the internet.

I haven't gotten terribly far in my LDAP query studies, is there a way we can pull a schema attribute into that array? something like ,2,"name,lastLogin". The end goal is to pull this value and then run it against a last login calculator so I can disable inactive computer accounts.