Basics for a programm

arryo

Hi,

Im programming a program with AutoIT. Its very complex, it has multiple functions etc.

Means I need multiple .exe.

So my questions:

1. Is it possible to make an install .exe with autoit?

My Solution:

When one of the Scripts gets started the first time, it just moves all the files to Program Directions and creates there a new folder.

But that's a strange solution.

2. Should I use the writereg functions for configuration?

Is that possible? Or do certain users cant write something in the register without permission? (-> script doesnt work then! :=( )

3. Any tips? =)

Hi,

Im programming a program with AutoIT. Its very complex, it has multiple functions etc.

Means I need multiple .exe.

It shouldn't have to.

So my questions:

1. Is it possible to make an install .exe with autoit?

My Solution:

When one of the Scripts gets started the first time, it just moves all the files to Program Directions and creates there a new folder.

But that's a strange solution.

Look at "fileinstall", there are in fact a few very good examples of professional looking installers (TheSaint made one, and there is one called AIS somewhere too), search the forums.

2. Should I use the writereg functions for configuration?

Is that possible? Or do certain users cant write something in the register without permission? (-> script doesnt work then! :=( )

You can do that no problem, most programs do. AutoIt has very nice inbuilt registry functions. Some computers do disable programs from accessing the registry, in which case a ".ini" file would do the job (Ini functions also exist built in)

3. Any tips? =)

If it's nice then post it in example scripts when your done :)

Mat

• Developers

The problem is - The GUI laggs hard when I start a script. Its like disabled until the action is finished. That's my problem.

Thank you very much!

You could still do it with one Script.

What I end up doing in these type of situations where a separate process is needed I start a new instance of the same program with an specific parameter.

So when the script is started without any Parameter it shows the GUI and when a Parameter is specified it starts that particular Function that needs to run.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)