WMI ScriptOMatic tool for AutoIt

SvenP

• 4 months later...

Receiving the following errors when trying to launch AutoIT Scriptomatic (AutoIT 3.3.0.0 and SciTE 1.78 installed):

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,117) : WARNING: $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW: possibly used before declaration.
GuiCreate("AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool", 684, 561,(@DesktopWidth-684)/2, (@DesktopHeight-561)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,131) : WARNING: $WS_VISIBLE: possibly used before declaration.
GuiCreate("AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool", 684, 561,(@DesktopWidth-684)/2, (@DesktopHeight-561)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,149) : WARNING: $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS: possibly used before declaration.
GuiCreate("AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool", 684, 561,(@DesktopWidth-684)/2, (@DesktopHeight-561)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,117) : ERROR: $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW: undeclared global variable.
GuiCreate("AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool", 684, 561,(@DesktopWidth-684)/2, (@DesktopHeight-561)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3 - 1 error(s), 3 warning(s)

Receiving the following errors when trying to launch AutoIT Scriptomatic (AutoIT 3.3.0.0 and SciTE 1.78 installed):

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,117) : WARNING: $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW: possibly used before declaration.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,131) : WARNING: $WS_VISIBLE: possibly used before declaration.
GuiCreate("AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool", 684, 561,(@DesktopWidth-684)/2, (@DesktopHeight-561)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,149) : WARNING: $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS: possibly used before declaration.
GuiCreate("AutoIt Scriptomatic Tool", 684, 561,(@DesktopWidth-684)/2, (@DesktopHeight-561)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3(27,117) : ERROR: $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW: undeclared global variable.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\scriptomatic.au3 - 1 error(s), 3 warning(s)

You will have to figure out what *constants files to #include. This script is very old and the files have changed.

I think it's just

#include<WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include<StaticConstants.au3>
#Include<GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Or you can just use the compiled version in my signature.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

You will have to figure out what *constants files to #include. This script is very old and the files have changed.

I think it's just

#include<WindowsConstants.au3>
#Include<StaticConstants.au3>
#Include<GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Or you can just use the compiled version in my signature.

GEOSoft:

Thanks for the #includes, they worked perfectly. You absolutely rock for including the compiled version in your signature, I downloaded that as well.

• 1 month later...

Anyone actually able to download the file?

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.

• 1 month later...

You may also include "#RequireAdmin" as its required on Windows VISTA/7.

This is what you need to add:

Tested with AutoIt v3.3.0.0 on Windows 7 RTM.

Change it to look like this:

; AutoIt ScriptOMatic
; -------------------
;
; AutoIt's counterpart of Microsoft's Scriptomatic
;
; Author:       SvenP
; Date/version: 2005-04-17
; See also:     http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/scripto2.mspx
; Requires:     AutoIt beta version 3.1.1.8 or higher (COM support!!)
;
; GUI generated by AutoBuilder 0.5 Prototype

#RequireAdmin   ; <--- required for AutoIt 3.3.0.0+
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>   ; <--- required for AutoIt 3.3.0.0+

;************************
;* Global State Variables
;************************
$g_strCurrentNamespace    = "\root\CIMV2"
$g_iCurrentNamespaceIndex = 0
$g_strWMISource           = "localhost"
$g_strOutputFormat        = "Dialog"

Edited by pixeldoc

• 5 months later...

Here is the version of ScriptOmatic.au3 that I updated for the French forum.

After 5 years, the met bugs are corrected (see details on script) and I took advantage of it to add the translation for French.

Here is thus my contribution.

I know that he can be still improved. :(

ScriptOmatic.au3

Best Regards.Thierry

Here is the version of ScriptOmatic.au3 that I updated for the French forum.

After 5 years, the met bugs are corrected (see details on script) and I took advantage of it to add the translation for French.

Here is thus my contribution.

I know that he can be still improved. :(

thanks Tlem!

• 6 months later...

Is it possible to add these classes to the script?

MSNdis_80211_BaseServiceSetIdentifier

MSNdis_80211_ServiceSetIdentifier

Great tool by the way!

No it isn't possible and the last Sven was seen around these parts is almost 4 years ago so you can pretty much figure that he isn't working on it any longer. I have a modified (Compiled version) available and someday I may get around to fixing some more bugs in it but it's not high on my priority list. Also Tlem has a version that he was working on but I have not looked at it yet.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive a thread thats not new, but I was told this would help with WMI. The only issue is I tried it and it is complaining about variables not being declared. Is there any updates or new versions of similar things that I could check into?

Not that I know of. Can you show us your error messages?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Click F1 in SciTe, Tab "Search" and enter "$WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW". Click on result "GUI control styles" and you will see that you need to add "#include <WindowsConstants.au3>" to your script.

The Sciptomatic script is quite old and AutoIt has changed a lot since then. One of those script breaking changes was that constants were moved to separate include files.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Start Scriptomatic and wait a minute. it takes some time to collect all the necessary data.

When the message "Select a WMI class" is displayed in the "WMI Class" dropdown select one and click "Run".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Thanks, that worked. Now I just have to figure out how on earth to even use it.

Definitely worth the effort. There isn't much you cannot do with a machine through WMI, and Scriptomatic is a great place to start.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!