runaswait problem with msiexec

Hi,

I have been reading through the forums but I can't seem to find an answer for this problem and I'm wondering if I can get a bit of help.

DriveMapAdd ("K:",$appLocation,1,$domain & $username,$password)
RunAsWait($username, $doamin, $password, 0, @Comspec & " /c " & "msiexec /i k:\setup.msi","",@SW_HIDE)

Basically all I want to do is install a piece of software from a shared application folder onto a few workstations. When I run this script I get an error message saying that the installation pacakge could not be opened, which would suggest that the path is wrong yet if I use the following code it works:

Run("msiexec /i k:\setup.msi")

Obviously the above code won't work on remote stations as the msiexec needs to be run with my administrator credentials but I can't seem to find a way around this problem.

Thanks

Hi,

I have been reading through the forums but I can't seem to find an answer for this problem and I'm wondering if I can get a bit of help.

RunAsWait($username, $doamin, $password, 0, @Comspec & " /c " & "msiexec /i k:\setup.msi","",@SW_HIDE)

Basically all I want to do is install a piece of software from a shared application folder onto a few workstations. When I run this script I get an error message saying that the installation pacakge could not be opened, which would suggest that the path is wrong yet if I use the following code it works:

Obviously the above code won't work on remote stations as the msiexec needs to be run with my administrator credentials but I can't seem to find a way around this problem.

Thanks

Well did you try a RunAs?

RunAs($user, $domain, $passowrd, 2, "msiexec /i k:\setup.msi")
Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

Hi,

Thanks

In your code snippet, you spell the variable $domain 2 different ways. Maybe this is where the problem is?

RunAsWait($username, $doamin, $password, ...