Odd Issue with ControlSend()

Hello everyone

I thought i would make my script a bit more secure than using send() with small delays to a window, which has been working for months.

so i decided to use ControlSend,But ran into a small fault please review below.

$pwd = "lolthisisnotapassword"
$wow2 = "C:\Users\Public\World of Warcraft\wow.exe"

Run($wow2)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 3)
WinWait("World of Warcraft", "")
Sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("World of Warcraft", "", "Hello1")
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 3)
WinWait("Hello1", "")
If Not WinActive("Hello1", "") Then WinActivate("Hello1", "")
WinWaitActive("Hello1", "")
WinSetState("Hello1", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
WinWait("Hello1", "")
Sleep(550)
ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", "wtfnotworkinglolpass" & "{@}" & "wtf.com")
Sleep(500)
ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", "{TAB}")
Sleep(500)
ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", $pwd)
Sleep(500)
ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", "{ENTER}")
Exit

Now what happens is ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", "wtfnotworkinglolpass" & "{@}" & "wtf.com") sends to the username field wtfnotworkingcompass2wtf.com (wont send @)

if i remove lolpass and place any other word then its okay as long as it doesn't end with ss

I have tried using:

ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", "wtfnotworkinglolpass@wtf.com")

$sendkey = "wtfnotworkinglolpass@wtf.com"
ControlSend("Hello1", "", "", $sendkey)

So it pretty much comes down to if you use ss then a preceding @ it sends the Number 2 instead of @

could it be some form of secure mechanism with the *@%WoW%*@ client which would be weird as it works with other credentials

Currently using SCITE 1.78

Autoit V3.3.0.0

any help on this matter would be great.

ftc

Edited by failedtocompile

World of Warcraft has Terms of Service (ToS) that do not allow botting. This site does support scripts for that purpose.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Botting?

It is a basic login script period. I hate botters, Have reported dozens of pvp leeching scum bags and iv posted about that before on some other guys post few months back.

I have 2x accounts hence wanting to change the name of the window as I'm using voice commands and I have damaged my shoulder.

I would like you to remove your comment about suggesting that i am botting i find that offensive. As i live my Life on the square and do not condone such actions as it ruins the game.

Automated login function to WoW is not botting and i have to choose which character i want to use for that session. after it has inputted credentials the script exits.

There is no other parts of the script except for what I have posted.

As it still stands i need assistance with current issue of controlsend thankyou PsaltyDS

Quirky prob there, failedtocompile...it works for me perfect if I send it to a Notepad window...

It has a '2' instead of an '@' since '2' is the unshifted form of '@'...dunno why :)...

Have you tried a different computer?

Edited by Vadersapien
Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

Quirky prob there, failedtocompile...it works for me perfect if I send it to a Notepad window...

It has a '2' instead of an '@' since '2' is the unshifted form of '@'...dunno why :)...

Have you tried a different computer?

Thanks for trialing it Vadersapien.

I only play wow on 1x computer I guess i could xfer the game directory to my WS2003 box and trial it.

So did you say it outputs a "2" instead of "@" symbol?

I also failed to mention I'm using Windows 7 RTC, I'll try and setup an XP box and test it i guess also.

ftc

Nah it outputs an "@" for me...I was just pondering over why it didn't for you...

Anyway, I run Windows 7 x86 RTM build 7600

Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

Just an Update:

Just tried it again after another reboot, it outputed whateverlolpass2wtf.com , so i decided to login manually and another small and non documented patch downloaded ( maybe as my account is flagged due to use of autoit and to clarify not a botter) applied the patch, closed down WoW re ran the script and it worked.

Now as I have 2x accounts i re created the script with changing the window title to hello2, but again it outputs whateverlolpass2wtf.com (talk about annoying lol) so i tried the previous one Hello1 and now its back to outputing 2 instead of @ again */face palm*

ftc

N.B. within few mins of posting this i tried both the compiled scripts and it worked, not sure for how long.

Lol that must be annoying...I still don't see why it should do that though...

EDIT: So it works...how random is it...

Edited by Vadersapien

Lol that must be annoying...I still don't see why it should do that though...

EDIT: So it works...how random is it...

Okay just closed both windows and re executed "Hello1" it worked and logged in. then i executed "hello2" and it failed ;) outputed 2 instead of @ .

closed down all windows again and executed hello2 4 times each time outputing "2" instead of "@" then i ran Hello1 and it worked. so i deleted Hello2 and recreated still same problem.

Anyway im going to take a break from it, its not urgent im just trying to reduce use of keyboard, but still will liek to get this resolved. Iv sent an email to Bli$$ard also.

As maybe it is some form of protection against botters which is good and i will just revert back to the old send().

Off to MSDN advance WSR macros :)

ftc

failedtocompile, two comments.

• Helping you directly helps others. Maybe you're on the level and aren't trying to actively automate the gameplay but that doesn't mean any solutions you find can't help others who are.
  • We do not know you. The internet is full of scum who will lie to their mother. You could be telling the truth or you could be lying and we don't know either way.
Thread locked.