@osversion question

KeeWay

where does the macro @osversion pull its information from?

I have a script that checks the os version but i need to isolate a couple workstations but i don't want to rewrite the script just for the few workstations. I was thinking of changing what the @osversion returns on those workstations but i need to know where it is getting its info "WIN_XP" from.

thanks

James

where does the macro @osversion pull its information from?

I have a script that checks the os version but i need to isolate a couple workstations but i don't want to rewrite the script just for the few workstations. I was thinking of changing what the @osversion returns on those workstations but i need to know where it is getting its info "WIN_XP" from.

thanks

James

why not isolate them by something unique like Ipaddress or machine name?

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

why not isolate them by something unique like Ipaddress or machine name?

thanks i thought about that as well but to be honest one of my co-workers wrote this script awhile back and lost the original code so all we have is the exe. i was hoping it was some registry key that can be changed on the local workstation so that it shows up as something other than "WIN_XP" to the autoit script.

thanks

James

thanks i thought about that as well but to be honest one of my co-workers wrote this script awhile back and lost the original code so all we have is the exe. i was hoping it was some registry key that can be changed on the local workstation so that it shows up as something other than "WIN_XP" to the autoit script.

thanks

James

No it's more likely to be a call to GetVersionEx or similar