$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS

Melba23

• Moderators

Hi,

I have just been playing with ListViews (as one does :) ) and found that I am losing the selection highlight when the ListView does not have focus. From reading the Help file it seems to me that the $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style - set by default - should mean that the selection remains visible when the ListView does not have focus:

$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS - 0x0008 - The selection, if any, is always shown, even if the control does not have the focus.

The GUICtrlCreateListView example lets you test quickly. I find that if I change focus, with the mouse or with TAB, I only get the selection highlight when the ListView has focus. This is true even if I specifically set the $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style for the control.

Has something changed, or am I misunderstanding the style? I am running Vista SP2 and 3.3.0.0/3.3.1.5.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

There must be something wrong under Vista, or maybe I didn't understand you fully, because It does work under Win7 (build 7100) with 3.3.0.0/3.3.1.1

Posted Image

Is this not what you get/want?

• Moderators

AdmiralAlkex,

Thank you for the quick reply and for giving me a hint as to the reason I was not seeing what I though I should see.

For me, your image does not show any highlighting - yet you say it does. I wondered if the normal bold highlighting changed to something less obvious when focus was removed. On my machine, the bold blue highlight changes to a whitish colour which is virtually identical to the default background of the LV. Changing the background of the LV to another colour shows that the "highlighting" is in place, it is just invisible against the default colouring! ;)

Tip: Change the background colour of ListViews to see the selected items when not focused!

Thanks again for taking the trouble to respond - and congratulations on 2000 posts! See you there shortly! :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area