Activate a PC

singbass

I have a PC that will eventually run a screen saver after x number of minutes of inactivity. I need to wake this PC up so I can run an app via an AutoIT script. I have experimented with WOL but the PC isn't really asleep, it's just in screensaver mode so sending the command doesn't do anything to stop the screensaver. I have tried mousemove but that doesn't work either.

The script needs to move the mouse and do some mouse clicks in certain spots. When the PC is active (ie the desktop is showing) the script will start the app and execute the necessary commands. In screensaver mode, it doesn't work. I assume it has to do with the WinWaitActive command never finding the window due to the screensaver. Is there any way to wake the PC up?

MouseMove() in a loop should prevent the screen saver from activating in the first place.

You might also get your script to work if you don't ever expect the window to be active. I.E. WinWait() instead of WinWaitActive(). ControlSend() can work with the window without it being active. While the screen saver is active, windows can come and go, but no window will ever be ACTIVE.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law