Stuck Shift/Alt/Ctrl keys...

fathom12

I've read the faq and have implemented the suggested fixes, but the function basically pauses the script until the shift/alt/ctrl key is released. I tried the 2nd method as well but it doesn't clear the stuck keys like it says.

One thing though, my script doessn't involve pressing shift/alt/ctrl at all, yet my keys get stuck until I physically press one of those keys. Since the workarounds didn't fix this issue, I just removed it from my script.

This is for a game and pausing the script to wait until the keys are unstuck doesn't help any.

In the help file, it suggests setting the key down delay time to 0 so the windows key doesn't get stuck, I tried it as well.

This problem is fairly intermittent so is it safe to assume this is just a bug with autoit?

Are there any other automation/macro programs out there similar to autoit? Thanks

ra.au3

First of all, welcome to the forum!

This problem is fairly intermittent so is it safe to assume this is just a bug with autoit?

You didn't even post a reproducer or a detailed explanation so no one can even try to help you. Do you think we are mind readers or what?

It is more likely the application you are trying to control refuses to cooperate. Try sending you keys to Notepad.

Are there any other automation/macro programs out there similar to autoit? Thanks

Maybe :)

When you post in the "General Help and Support"-forum please stick to that.

I've read the faq and have implemented the suggested fixes, but the function basically pauses the script until the shift/alt/ctrl key is released. I tried the 2nd method as well but it doesn't clear the stuck keys like it says.

One thing though, my script doessn't involve pressing shift/alt/ctrl at all, yet my keys get stuck until I physically press one of those keys. Since the workarounds didn't fix this issue, I just removed it from my script.

This is for a game and pausing the script to wait until the keys are unstuck doesn't help any.

In the help file, it suggests setting the key down delay time to 0 so the windows key doesn't get stuck, I tried it as well.

Do you really want to create a new edit with no id every 10 seconds if the text in $input is changed?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.