Using the forum

Jury

This is mostlikely silly but why does a drop down about my profile always cover the search box when I try to use this forum?

Because your browser sucks hard. Update whatever you have to the latest version or download another one. I use Opera. Firefox is also very popular here.

me too this just started today. Jon must be modifying the forum somehow.

Are you saying this happens to you right now? Because I can't see anything like that.

This is mostlikely silly but why does a drop down about my profile always cover the search box when I try to use this forum?

I've seen this in the past and it was because I was blocking java scripts from running. I had had AutoItScript.com as an exception but a recent update had set everything to default values. Re-setting  to allow java scripts to run for AutoItScript.com fixed the problem.

I can replicate that behavior now in Firefox with the NoScript plugin by enabling and disabling scripts for AutoItScript.com 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

I've seen this in the past and it was because I was blocking java scripts from running. I had had AutoItScript.com as an exception but a recent update had set everything to default values. Re-setting  to allow java scripts to run for AutoItScript.com fixed the problem.

I can replicate that behavior now in Firefox with the NoScript plugin by enabling and disabling scripts for AutoItScript.com 

Yep that was it - most helpful - thanks.