Finding mouse coords in webpagetest

Ashura

I am creating a script to automate one of the tasks that need to be performed many times a day. What I need is to find a way to have a script find a word in the web page and click on the image that is used for the link. The link does not have any text in it. I have tried to find examples using both the _IEBodyReadText and _IEBodyReadHTML and I was unable to. I was not able to find any information in the forums on this. I do not have any code to share as I do not know where to start on this.

Thanks,

Ashura

What text is the search word in? Is it part of the description (i.e. in the .title property of the IMG tag). You need to define what kind of element the search word is in, and what the relationship is between that element and the image link you want to click.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

What text is the search word in? Is it part of the description (i.e. in the .title property of the IMG tag). You need to define what kind of element the search word is in, and what the relationship is between that element and the image link you want to click.

The text and the image link are in the same TD tag, but there is no other connections between them then that(verified by checking the page source). I did notice that the links have a unique number in them to differentiate them from each other. Can this be used to follow the link? The unique number is 590 and it starts there everyday that I can see. If that can be used how would I go about that? This script is needed to check the page once an hour as the number of links can change. I do not know if the unique number is reused after the link goes invalid. I will add that latter after I verify it.

So you can search all TD tags until you find StringInStr($oTD.innertext, "SearchWord") to get a reference to that TD.

You can loop through the collection of child elements of that TD ($oTD.childNodes) to find the IMG.

It might be simpler, but I don't remember if you can just do _IEImgClick($oTD, "ImageName", "name") or _IEImgGetCollection($oTD, 0), specifying the $oTD as the parent to look under.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

So you can search all TD tags until you find StringInStr($oTD.innertext, "SearchWord") to get a reference to that TD.

You can loop through the collection of child elements of that TD ($oTD.childNodes) to find the IMG.

It might be simpler, but I don't remember if you can just do _IEImgClick($oTD, "ImageName", "name") or _IEImgGetCollection($oTD, 0), specifying the $oTD as the parent to look under.

Thanks for the help so far. I understand what your saying up until you say declare the parent as $oTD. I'm have trouble with the formatting of the Variable.

Here is the Summary tab from the AutoIi v3 Window Information if it helps.

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: WorldWideWhiteboard SDK Dashboard

Class: IEFrame

Position: 1680, 0

Size: 1280, 1016

Style: 0x16CF0000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

Handle: 0x000E07F6

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 0, 118

Size: 1272, 841

ControlClick Coords: 213, 355

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00020806

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 217, 503

Cursor ID: 2

Color: 0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

Navigation Bar

(http removed)

Address Combo Control

Page Control

Google

Search Combo Control

Search Control

Command Bar

Favorites Command Bar

LinksBand

Favorites Bar

Add to Favorites Bar

ITBarHost

Menu Bar

WorldWideWhiteboard SDK Dashboard

Zoom Level

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

Google

Well, I'll back up a bit... :)

The AU3Info stuff doesn't help because it's a web page in IE. If you want to work automation on that, you need to learn something about the Document Object Model (DOM) and how you can work with it using the _IE* functions of the IE.au3 UDF in the help file. The DOM is what a web page looks like to software, including AutoIt.

The tags you see in the HTML from the page represent elements in the DOM. In your page, there is at least one table element, some table rows (TR elements) in the table, and in the rows there are table data elements (TD). If the text is simply inside the TD tags, i.e. "<TD>This is the text.</TD>", then $oTD would be an object reference to that TD tag, and $oTD.innertext is the property that contains that text. There can be other elements inside TD element, like an IMG image tag. The IMG tag would be a child node under the TD tag. There is a collection element (like an array) that contains all the child nodes under a given parent element. That would be $oTD.childNodes in this case. I was talking in the earlier post about ways you might look inside the TD parent element to find the text you wanted, and then the IMG tag you wanted.

So, you have some studying to do. Take it in small parts and use the example scripts in the help file as a starting place.

;)