Visual of data from internet

JohnOne

Here is my goal

I want to monitor nothing other than traffic coming into my machine via its network card, not the wan or router.

Possible specific port, more than likely just 80.

I want to then see this data visually, on the fly if possible, scrolling gui or inputbox or something, either the http code, html or whatever, even some raw data, lol not binary.

Even just a log file if thats not possible with the scroll.

Just for my education this

Anyway, my question is, if you can decipher my ramblings

Is this possible, and what should I be reading up on to accomplish it ?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Are you wanting t read every packet to see what it contains? But not binary??????

How are you planning to tell what type of data it is? You have for example exe files, zip files, HTML code, PDF if you want to view one, ... I could keep going, but you see my point.

If you want a packet sniffer, then you could google for that.

I'm not that great at explaining stuff.

Heres an example of what I'm after.

Im sat on a forum, all the objects, I assume are loaded into my browser, and that is that, until I refresh the page when something may have changed.

On some forums I visit, maybe they are vbulletin I'm unsure, I will get a popup message on the page that I have recieved a private message.

Im after whatever data was sent to my browser or indeed o/s to tell my machine to display this message.

Im not sure if your suggestions will help me here until I look into them properly.

Thanks very much.

EDIT:

Yup, looks like that wireshark packet capture will help me identify the type of data I am after looking at.

Thanks again chaps I'll have a fart about with it.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.