Finally Psexec...

chamach

Hello all of you,

Two months ago, I posted a message on the old forum asking how to run AutoIt Scripts remotely. My goal was to use PsExec from SysInternals. My major problem was to find a way to send keys to a window, as PsExec was not able to take the control of the standard input. After some unsuccessful tries, a month ago, I finally "discovered" in the documentation the magic "Controls" commands. :whistle: Now, my applications (IE6, MDAC, MsOffice, Adobe Reader, Java RunTime, GhostView, RealPlayer, IZarc, Macromedia Flash, IrfanView, PDFCreator...) and Windows patchs can be installed remotely on a NT/2000/XP system, even if a local session is not open ! A remote machine can even be added to a Domain. The only limitation I found by now is in running some applications (IrfanView or Norton Antivirus) as they crash with a Visual C++ error. I think they will never like PsExec...

Now as I found a solution to my original problem, I thought it could be interesting to share it...

Thanks a lot to all the AutoIt3 developpers !

An "every-day-happier-AutoIt3-user" ! B)

Cervélo Soloist 2004 & Cervélo P3C 2007

• 2 years later...

Hello all of you,

Two months ago, I posted a message on the old forum asking how to run AutoIt Scripts remotely. My goal was to use PsExec from SysInternals. My major problem was to find a way to send keys to a window, as PsExec was not able to take the control of the standard input. After some unsuccessful tries, a month ago, I finally "discovered" in the documentation the magic "Controls" commands. :) Now, my applications (IE6, MDAC, MsOffice, Adobe Reader, Java RunTime, GhostView, RealPlayer, IZarc, Macromedia Flash, IrfanView, PDFCreator...) and Windows patchs can be installed remotely on a NT/2000/XP system, even if a local session is not open ! A remote machine can even be added to a Domain. The only limitation I found by now is in running some applications (IrfanView or Norton Antivirus) as they crash with a Visual C++ error. I think they will never like PsExec...

Now as I found a solution to my original problem, I thought it could be interesting to share it...

An "every-day-happier-AutoIt3-user" ! :(

hi,

I am trying to do the samething but the problem is unless console is open the scripts fail to run, Do you think Controls commands can be used always in the scripts?

For example this script can not be changed with control commands

Run("notepad.exe")

WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")

Send("This is some text.")

WinClose("Untitled - Notepad")

WinWaitActive("Notepad", "The text in the Untitled file has changed")

Send("!y")

WinWaitActive("Save As","")

send("simple.txt")

send("!s")

Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Chamach,

I got the same problem with a java application ... :)

Send keys and MouseMove don't work with psexec. What is your solution please? or where may I find it?

Thanks

Ode

Hello all of you,

Two months ago, I posted a message on the old forum asking how to run AutoIt Scripts remotely. My goal was to use PsExec from SysInternals. My major problem was to find a way to send keys to a window, as PsExec was not able to take the control of the standard input. After some unsuccessful tries, a month ago, I finally "discovered" in the documentation the magic "Controls" commands. :( Now, my applications (IE6, MDAC, MsOffice, Adobe Reader, Java RunTime, GhostView, RealPlayer, IZarc, Macromedia Flash, IrfanView, PDFCreator...) and Windows patchs can be installed remotely on a NT/2000/XP system, even if a local session is not open ! A remote machine can even be added to a Domain. The only limitation I found by now is in running some applications (IrfanView or Norton Antivirus) as they crash with a Visual C++ error. I think they will never like PsExec...

An "every-day-happier-AutoIt3-user" ! :D

So let me make sure I am understanding this correctly. Basically you guys are saying that with PsExec v1.71 that you are having luck in running programs remotely that require button clicks with out a local session being logged on.

I was running an old psexec and I was getting the same problems. Once I read that I should use a newer version, everything magically worked!

So this is confirmation that PsExec v1.71 does work with sendkeys.

This is also confirmation that PsExec v1.55 does NOT work with sendkeys.

• 1 year later...

Hello all of you,

Two months ago, I posted a message on the old forum asking how to run AutoIt Scripts remotely. My goal was to use PsExec from SysInternals. My major problem was to find a way to send keys to a window, as PsExec was not able to take the control of the standard input. After some unsuccessful tries, a month ago, I finally "discovered" in the documentation the magic "Controls" commands. :) Now, my applications (IE6, MDAC, MsOffice, Adobe Reader, Java RunTime, GhostView, RealPlayer, IZarc, Macromedia Flash, IrfanView, PDFCreator...) and Windows patchs can be installed remotely on a NT/2000/XP system, even if a local session is not open ! A remote machine can even be added to a Domain. The only limitation I found by now is in running some applications (IrfanView or Norton Antivirus) as they crash with a Visual C++ error. I think they will never like PsExec...

An "every-day-happier-AutoIt3-user" ! ;)

Hi,

Can you please send me sample commands on how to run autoit files remotely using PsExec.I mean syntax

Thanks in advance

vamsi