Regular expression pattern generator

Mison

Cool man, I could use something like this.

It looks like you may need to escape quotes because it seems to be ignoring anything within " ".

Thanks for sharing!

Err... what's the error again? At first I thought it was rather obvious bug, but then when I tested it, I couldn't find any issue related to that. :)

Edited by Mison

Hi ;)

Ahhh, I think I see what the problem was.

The array isn't listed in order and when I parsed a multi line string into words it showed the first word at the top but the rest of the first sentence's words were listed much later. When I didn't see the second and third words showing up after the first I assumed the pattern must have missed them but as it turns out those unruly first-sentence scamps were hiding out near the bottom of the list out of scroll range.

It's a great start, keep at it. There's plenty of room for things like replace functionality, stored patterns, etc. There is an app called RegExp Quick Tester somewhere around here that might give you a few ideas. I think that Quick Tester's functionality combined with your app's "pseudo approach" would be my ideal util.

Dolemite50, thanks for the nice words. As for the tester, I'm using one written by lokster. Very simple but powerful script IMO.

Multi line string? This was designed for a single line mode only.. no multi line option, yet. Maybe in the next release :)

Hi ;)