Change Default Mail Program in IE

I have been looking for a solution to change the mail program in Internet Explorer to Lotus Notes. The problem we keep having here is that after certain Microsoft updates, it seems that IE likes to change the default mail program in Internet Explorer back to Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express and it poses an issue when we run reports since we use Lotus Notes as our mail client. I know I can probably program a way to simulate the mouse clicks and whatnot on the screen but I am looking for something more along the lines of a silent solution. I have edited several registry items and been looking around for ages trying to figure this out and its probably something really simple for AutoIT to do but I just can't figure it out...

Any ideas?

I have been looking for a solution to change the mail program in Internet Explorer to Lotus Notes. The problem we keep having here is that after certain Microsoft updates, it seems that IE likes to change the default mail program in Internet Explorer back to Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express and it poses an issue when we run reports since we use Lotus Notes as our mail client. I know I can probably program a way to simulate the mouse clicks and whatnot on the screen but I am looking for something more along the lines of a silent solution. I have edited several registry items and been looking around for ages trying to figure this out and its probably something really simple for AutoIT to do but I just can't figure it out...

Any ideas?

Hi,

it should be regkey HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail (Standard) REG_SZ "Lotus Notes"

;-))

Stefan

Hi,

it should be regkey HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail (Standard) REG_SZ "Lotus Notes"

;-))

Stefan

I believe I tried that one first and although it changes the value to Lotus Notes, it does not open Lotus Notes still. Instead it just opens up, in my case Outlook or OE. I will try it once again but I am pretty sure that is the scenario that I have been stuck in.