Gecko Web Browser

dantay9

I was looking at a few examples on the forum and came across object events from IE captured by ObjEvent. I don't work with objects very much, but this sounded interesting. I did a bit of searching on MSDN and found quite a bit of useful information. Favorites are saved to an ini file. The drop down menu only applies to favorites, not to previously visited websites. To add a favorite, click on the little star and it will light up. Click on it again to remove the website from favorites. I would love to hear any suggestions.

ToDo List:

1. Tabbed Browsing

2. Stop some links from opening in a new window. (Not realistic)

3. Images aren't always reliable.

4. Menu bar to edit favorites, view, history, etc.

5. Retrieve url history from local drives

Download available here.

Download is attached

Gecko Web Browser.zip

Edited by dantay9

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at a few examples on the forum and came across object events from IE captured by ObjEvent. I don't work with objects very much, but this sounded interesting. I did a bit of searching on MSDN and found quite a bit of useful information. Favorites are saved to an ini file. The drop down menu only applies to favorites, not to previously visited websites. To add a favorite, click on the little star and it will light up. Click on it again to remove the website from favorites. I would love to hear any suggestions.

ToDo List:

1. Tabbed Browsing

2. Stop some links from opening in a new window.

3. Images aren't always reliable.

4. Menu bar to edit favorites, view, and history.

Here is the download link.

ERROR: can't open include file <Icons.au3>

#include <Icons.au3>

Edited by Rizonetech

Rizonesoft Open Source Home Scripts: Complete Internet Repair | Development: Rizonesoft SDK

@ Rizonetech

If you want the window to be resizable, just set the style of the GUI to Bitor($WS_POPUP, $WS_SIZEBOX) instead of $WS_POPUP. When this is added, it makes a rim around the window, which I don't think looks as cool. If more people like it though, maybe I will add an option once I get the ini file fully implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this even use the gecko rendering engine? From the look of the source it does not. If not the name is very misleading.

I thought this too, when I saw it. I was thinking it's quite revolutionary until I figured it was just a cool name he came up with.

I am not aware of a gecko rendering engine. It just sounded like a cool name (and I already had a few pictures).

You should really do a search before you pick a name. Gecko is a rendering engine for webpages that's very commonly used on Linux. They are often referred to as Gecko browsers.

The script either runs then exits a few seconds later or runs then gives me an error saying that $statusbar isn't declared. No GUI or anything.

I'm on Windows 7 RC1, anybody got anything on this?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

Yeah, I've never had problems with Windows 7 and AutoIT before, can you upload a compiled .exe and I can try that?

For those who are asking questions, look in the help file first. I'm tired of people asking stupid questions about how to do things when 10 seconds in the help file could solve their problem.[quote name='JRowe' date='24 January 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1264381100' post='766337'][quote name='beerman' date='24 January 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1264372082' post='766300']They already have a punishment system for abuse.[/quote]... and his his name is Valik.[/quote]www.minikori.com

@dantay9

I am also running Win7 and had the same problem, but it was easy to find and fix. You see, you create an embedded IE object, and tell it to browse to google thus firing of IEEvent_StatusTextChange() which tries to do:

Local $Size = ControlGetPos($GUI, "", $StatusBar)

BEFORE you have created that control!

And that screws up the whole script.

By quickly moving the IE parts to after $StatusBar was created it seemed to work just fine :)