Open all windows in embedded IE

dantay9

I am using an embedded IE in my Gecko Web Browser. My problem is that some links always open up in a new window. Later I plan to open these links in a new tab, but I don't have tab support yet. An example would be an email link. Most email links open in a new tab, but since there isn't tabs in my program, it opens IE in a new window. Is there a way to force every link to open in my embedded IE control?

Previous post points to NewWindow2 event.

The way that AutoIt processes events, it will not get notified of it until it has already occurred and you have no opportunity to control the outcome. Such events must be processed in browser context if you want to control them. There is no easy way to do what you are wanting to do... there are ways to handle specific cases, but there will always be another scenario that breaks your model if you are allowing navigation to arbitrary pages.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble