Need help with DLL and DllCall

xwinterx

I am learning C# and trying to make a dll that I can use with an autoit script. I have attached the dll to see if anyone can help me. All it does is return a string value. It works on a console app I made to test it in VS2008, however I get an error that the function is not found in the dll file when I try with autoit. Here is my au3 code:

$dll = DllOpen("ClassLibrary1.dll")

If $dll = -1 Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Error", "Failed to open dll!")
    Exit
EndIf

$info = DllCall($dll, "str", "GetX")

If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Error", "Error: " & @error)
Else
    MsgBox(4096, "Success!", "Return was: " & $info[0])
EndIf

DllClose($dll)
Exit

I am pretty sure it is just my DLL but I don't really know. I may be approaching it wrong.

ClassLibrary1.dll

so then I need to change the DLL to something unmanaged? was my DllCall atleast right? cuz I am just trying to decide if my error was in the AutoIt or in the DLL. I am assuming that it is in the DLL then and I have to change its type somehow. If so, that way I can go look at other sources for help and not clutter these forums.

It is possible to export some managed functions, but it is not too easy:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dotnet/emilio_managed_unmanaged.aspx?display=Print

In the german forum, someone made a script to do that, but i don't know if it works well.

Still, you need to have the .NET-framework installed to use that DLL.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes