Need AutoIt help

I enjoy AutoIt but cant always be bothered with the forum so if anybody here who is good with AutoIt wont mind giving me a hand at times, then tell me.

Thus ensuring the effort helps only you, no one else, and any solutions developed can't be found by others with similar issues... :)

If you can't be bothered with this forum then please, just don't bother this forum.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

I enjoy AutoIt but cant always be bothered with the forum so if anybody here who is good with AutoIt wont mind giving me a hand at times, then tell me.

I use MSN, Steam, Xfire, AIM.

So anyone?

Sure anytime and for you only $200 per hour :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

haha

I was laughing at this post the other day.

I was going to PM him with my home and mobile phone numbers in case I was at work or asleep when he needed assistance.

I'm surprised he summoned up the enthusiasm to push the keys and make a post to be honest.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

LoL relax im not one of them n00bs that post then dont reply seing no one gives a proper response, if i had your IP i would DDoS you but meh. Nah only joking. Hmm i was only asking for little questions once a while not a personal free coder lmaooooo! You guys make me laugh...

Edited by anzacfalcon

I hope a Modererator deletes this post before i start... I have more posts than you fubarable.

This is the point where you either ask a legitimate support question or just stop posting...

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Sure anytime and for you only $200 per hour B)

:) Your cheap. I'm $350 an hour, with a 40 hour minimum charge per project. If he wants to have me on retainer, that will be $14000, all in advance. I also have a waver he would have to sign so I would be held harmless in case of any issues he experiences after any work done. I would also retain all legal rights to any software created, and he would have to pay for any licensing fees incurred. To cover everything, his lawyer will need to talk to my lawyer so all legal documents may be signed, and all rights he currently has to anything of value to be surrendered. His weekly paycheck would be garnished, and personal possessions, and all property would be signed over to me excluding any dept, dues or any money owed to other parties. He would need to take out many large loans from any friends he has and give that money to me knowing he would not get any money back from me. Any further method he has of acquiring money that results in him receiving money will result him giving that money to me, along with interest incurred from him handling the money that is mine. ;)

If your interested, give me a call: 1-800-get-real or -888-do-yourself

• Developers

For god sake... people have to F******* grow up!!! Maybe if you know how to read you can see the i later posted (CAPS FOR YOU PEOPLE TO SEE) "I ONLY WANTED TO ASK LITTLE QUESTIONS ONCE IN A WHILE NOT A FREE PRIVATE CODE". I can code myself thank's.

Ok, so noted:

anzacfalcon stated he/she/it can make the code without any support and thus has NO need to post in these forums anymore.

oh and by the way: since you had already ones a timeout on the naughty spot, the next post that contains anything that is only slightly out of line will get you banned permantly because we do not really need this bs from you.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, so noted:

anzacfalcon stated he/she/it can make the code without any support and thus has NO need to post in these forums anymore.

oh and by the way: since you had already ones a timeout on the naughty spot, the next post that contains anything that is only slightly out of line will get you banned permantly because we do not really need this bs from you.

Jos you do realise the reason i said "i can code myself thanks" was because of the level of anger i had at that time, what would you do if all the top dev's were making fun of you just for asking for a bit of help. I can be bothered using the forum's but at that time i was developing something that i felt like i needed to finish urgently and that was the only reason why i couldnt be bothered with the forums. But now that i have cooled down, i can be bothered posting for help. Maybe teach your staff to have a little more respect for people seeking help without knowing the reason behind it. You also stated that " anzacfalcon stated he/she/it can make the code without any support and thus has NO need to post in these forums anymore." This i just explained but you did state the possibility of me bieng a "it". Even younger ones can be more sensible than that. I hope i see better reply's from now on.

Edited by anzacfalcon

We are not mind readers here, I can understand you may be rushed when asked for help but so is everyone.

Having an opening comment like you did 'I can't always be bothered with the forum' is not going to put you in good favor with the ppl that can help you the most, try to see it from their point of view too and understand many ppl just ask/demand ppl to write code for them. Here you can get a hand up, not a hand out. Regardless of your intent, thats how it came across.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

• Moderators

anzacfalcon,

Maybe teach your staff to have a little more respect for people seeking help without knowing the reason behind it.

That is possibly the most insulting thing I have ever seen posted here. :)

I will assume that you were not aware of the fact, so learn quickly that this is not a 24/7 support forum - those who answer are only here because they like helping others to code in AutoIt and have some time to spare. We are all volunteers and no-one gets a penny for their efforts - on the contrary, many of us contribute to Jon's server costs. This should go some way to explaining why you got the responses you did to your rather cavalier initial post in this topic.

I do hope you are aware that you have made a far-from-auspicious start on these forums. If you were under the impression this was a democracy, think again - we are all guests here and should behave as such or expect to be excluded. I strongly suggest that you press your 'neck retract' button firmly, take very careful notice of what Jos and other Devs have posted (and deleted in one case! B) ) and try in future to behave like a adult member of the forum community. You will then very quickly be treated as one.

To more productive meetings in the future I hope. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Jos you do realise the reason i said "i can code myself thanks" was because of the level of anger i had at that time,

You getting angry over nothing really shows the type of person you are. Along with an avatar like that, and threaten to DDoS at the very least sign of a rebuttal, we're really not going to going to do as much as even consider to take you up in our IM list. We steer far clear of people like yourself, so we can help people that are actually more interested in being constructive and have meaning.

what would you do if all the top dev's were making fun of you just for asking for a bit of help. I can be bothered using the forum's but at that time i was developing something that i felt like i needed to finish urgently and that was the only reason why i couldnt be bothered with the forums.

There are dozens of people coming to these forums daily, asking for complicated questions. Each are treated with the same respect and time, and each are given a satisfying answer if this possible. Why is your problem more urgent than anyone else's? We've frequently had people on a deadline here, and we've helped them make their time schedules by doing a lot of the work for them. Show a little more respect to those answering your questions, and those asking questions along with you. Please take a number, sit down, and shut up.

Maybe teach your staff to have a little more respect for people seeking help without knowing the reason behind it.

We're definitely not AutoIt staff. We are a fully devoted team of unpaid individuals who have spent a lot of their own personal time dealing with other professionals and other like-minded people, at the cost of having less time to spend for their enjoying. We do a lot of hard work, often with very little appreciation in return (see this thread), and never complain. We are not compensated for our duties.

Even younger ones can be more sensible than that. I hope i see better reply's from now on.

Tens of thousands of people have come to these forums, asking for aid, and all of them have received a meaningful and helpful answer. Maybe you should look at yourself first, before you point the blame at others. Maybe you will learn something about social interaction in the process.

You getting angry over nothing really shows the type of person you are. Along with an avatar like that, and threaten to DDoS at the very least sign of a rebuttal, we're really not going to going to do as much as even consider to take you up in our IM list. We steer far clear of people like yourself, so we can help people that are actually more interested in being constructive and have meaning.

There are dozens of people coming to these forums daily, asking for complicated questions. Each are treated with the same respect and time, and each are given a satisfying answer if this possible. Why is your problem more urgent than anyone else's? We've frequently had people on a deadline here, and we've helped them make their time schedules by doing a lot of the work for them. Show a little more respect to those answering your questions, and those asking questions along with you. Please take a number, sit down, and shut up.

We're definitely not AutoIt staff. We are a fully devoted team of unpaid individuals who have spent a lot of their own personal time dealing with other professionals and other like-minded people, at the cost of having less time to spend for their enjoying. We do a lot of hard work, often with very little appreciation in return (see this thread), and never complain. We are not compensated for our duties.

Tens of thousands of people have come to these forums, asking for aid, and all of them have received a meaningful and helpful answer. Maybe you should look at yourself first, before you point the blame at others. Maybe you will learn something about social interaction in the process.

What i said about the staff only applies to the first few people that posted a reply, so dont worry Melba, your on my good side. Also i didnt notice untill recently that a member of the dev team was kind enough to pm me there msn, if he can do it, then what's all the fuss about? Well dont judge a book by its cover, yes my avatar may seem a little fishy but that doesnt mean you should judge me from it. And about the DDoS i did say it was joke didnt i? If i ever did attemp to do anything i would do it the proper way. Seriously though, forget everything and compare my first post on this thread with the first few replies... Interestingly enough, the arguement started after my question was solved. I apologise for everything and we may continue normally now i hope. I appreciate everyone volunteering to help other members, maybe even ill help from now on.

Btw Valik you rock!

Btw Valik you rock!

A big cuddly Care Bear full of tolerance and the milk of human kindness -- that's our Valik!

I second that.