external program not working when hidden or minimized?

Eley

Why can I not get these external commands (MS .Net 3.5 SP1 Silent Install or Uninstall string) to run when I apply the hide, minimize or other flag?

Code runs fine without such flags but throws up the cmd window which (obviously) destroys B) the silent ;) approach to its execution.

Installer:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "c:\dotnet35extract\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx35setup.exe /q /norestart", "", @SW_HIDE)

Uninstaller:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & '"C:\Windows\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1\setup.exe" /q /uninstall /norestart', "", @SW_HIDE)

Is this a problem with the external program itself or is there another way of calling the exe + switches silently that I could try?

Thanks in advance

:)

Why can I not get these external commands (MS .Net 3.5 SP1 Silent Install or Uninstall string) to run when I apply the hide, minimize or other flag?

Code runs fine without such flags but throws up the cmd window which (obviously) destroys B) the silent ;) approach to its execution.

Installer:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "c:\dotnet35extract\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx35setup.exe /q /norestart", "", @SW_HIDE)

Uninstaller:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & '"C:\Windows\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1\setup.exe" /q /uninstall /norestart', "", @SW_HIDE)

Is this a problem with the external program itself or is there another way of calling the exe + switches silently that I could try?

Thanks in advance

:)

Haven't tested it but you can try _RunDOS() and see if that might work better for you. Just watch the process in Task Manage to see if it is running or you can use ProcessExists() for testing purposes.
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.