Is it possible to check security tapes for movements

huskies

So we have over 60 hours of security footage and during that time I know someone touched an equipment in the warehouse and it's now causing trouble. Is there a way to scan through the video file and check for movements and save the screenshots of those?

I know that there is an example script that can compare 2 images and find differences between them by pixels

<It Shall Be Done>

So we have over 60 hours of security footage and during that time I know someone touched an equipment in the warehouse and it's now causing trouble. Is there a way to scan through the video file and check for movements and save the screenshots of those?

I know that there is an example script that can compare 2 images and find differences between them by pixels

At a very primative level, you could run the video and screen capture each frame during the whole footage. Then choose an area of the screen to monitor for changes in colour and log those frames. I would suggest several locations being monitored in a relatively small area (say the equiverlent of 2 square foot near the device/location that has been tampered with.

Sorry I cannot be of more help at the moment but my son is programming one of these pieces of software but he is only 12 and needs a lot of help. He has onlt got the screen capture at this stage which I have included below if it helps:

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
dim $counter
dim $numericstring
dim $filename
dim $loop
$counter = 0
;*********************************************************************************
while $loop <>6
$counter = $counter + 1
$numericstring = String($counter)

$filename = "\Capture-" & $numericstring & ".jpg"
sleep (3000) ;Delay currently 3 seconds
_Main()
wend

;*********************************************************************************
Func _Main()
    Local $hBmp

; Capture full screen
    $hBmp = _ScreenCapture_Capture ("")

; Save bitmap to file
    _ScreenCapture_SaveImage (@MyDocumentsDir & $filename, $hBmp)

EndFunc   ;==>_Main

He has used BMP as JPEG'S are lossy and therefore change the image by smoothing out a given area dependant on the quality thus loosing clarity and, when looking for changes in video footage, reducing it's chances of detecting movement.

All the best, I feel for you, it used to be my job checking video and did my head in!

Gingerbloke

Have you checked out AVISynth? It's a dedicated frameserver, multi-threaded, free and has many motion detection functions. Why reinvent the wheel?

Even if you've never heard of it, it's so easy to learn, you'll be up and running within 30 min. If it's just motion detection, you should be able to get much better than realtime (perhaps 4x) analysis speed.

QED

• 7 months later...

Take a look at ImageMagick. It is a free, extremely powerful command-line image processing tool. It can do diff'ing amongst an unbelievably large number of operations. Diffing is introduced here:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/compare.php

Being command-line, it is easy to interface to AutoIt.