Running an application unattended

Can you please help..

I need to run an application but need it to run unattended and it needs to have some keystroke commands to run.

Is this possible?

The situation is that i have a process that ihave tested amd works fine when i am logged in (remote access only RDP).

But when i try to run with the rdp session closed everthing seems to run except the sendpres keys.

so the process will be this:

open application

wait for 1 minute (to give for all time for process to start up)

Start scanning button or keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+C) to be pressed.

scanning will commence.

wait 10 minutes (to finish)

Then close application.

Again all to be done with no human interaction etc.

If you require more info please email etc

Thanks

This is driving me insane..What am i missing??

Many Thanks

At this point i have not tried anything.

And to be honest not really sure how to tackle this.

Could anyone give me any help or pointers on structure etc.

Many Thanks

What application are you trying to send k/strokes to? and are you wanting to run the script on the remote machine or on the host machine that you are rdp'ing from?

Can you please help..

I need to run an application but need it to run unattended and it needs to have some keystroke commands to run.

Is this possible?

The situation is that i have a process that ihave tested amd works fine when i am logged in (remote access only RDP).

But when i try to run with the rdp session closed everthing seems to run except the sendpres keys.

so the process will be this:

open application

wait for 1 minute (to give for all time for process to start up)

Start scanning button or keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+C) to be pressed.

scanning will commence.

wait 10 minutes (to finish)

Then close application.

Again all to be done with no human interaction etc.

If you require more info please email etc

Thanks

This is driving me insane..What am i missing??

Many Thanks

Is there anyway you can run it via command line with a switch. Software like Defrags and some AV let you do that. So you can start it via command line and when it done it's done. Alot of times it will run in the background.

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

I am trying to run the command on a server that does not have an actual keyboard, mouse or screen. Just rdp connection.

This where i am upto...

run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Laserfiche\Quick Fields 8.0\Laserfiche.QuickFields.exe" "D:\QUICKFIELDS\WESTCO WINNIPEG NOVEMBER 09.qfx"

WinWait WESTCO WINNIPEG NOVEMBER 09 - Universal Capture - Quick Fields

IfWinExist, WESTCO WINNIPEG NOVEMBER 09 - Universal Capture - Quick Fields

WinActivate ; WESTCO WINNIPEG NOVEMBER 09 - Universal Capture - Quick Fields

Sendinput ^c!

Sleep 60000

WinClose WESTCO WINNIPEG NOVEMBER 09 - Universal Capture - Quick Fields

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Developers

This is sooo last century :)

where did you find this code and syntax?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What application are you trying to send k/strokes to? and are you wanting to run the script on the remote machine or on the host machine that you are rdp'ing from?

It is a scanning application and i can configue the scan button to activate on most ctrl+ or f1 etc keys. I am also wanting to run it on a the remote machine. that seems to be the main issue.

Is there anyway you can run it via command line with a switch. Software like Defrags and some AV let you do that. So you can start it via command line and when it done it's done. Alot of times it will run in the background.

sorry to ask a question to a question, but what do you actually mean by a command line with a switch?

• Developers

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

i would really appricate it.

as you can see my code maybe a little out dated so maybe some new fresh ideas can help me.

Thnaks

Little outdated? have you even looked at the current version lately?

Have you found any code in these forums that even closely resembles your posted syntax?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Use the latest help file to look up the functions that you posted in your code. Use Send instead on SendInput. You will have to work on syntax, get it to compile then post your code with your questions. :)

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]