AutoIt Scite Project Starter

TuMbLeWeEd

Was tyred to go to my explorer window or manual open several AutoIt files!

So i made this thing (much improvement to do)

Sart the script or better the exe and it shows only a tray icon (you can compile it yourself)

Press the CTRL+ALT+P hotkey and SciTE wil start the project selector on the left side

CTRL+ALT+P again to hide it and restore the SciTE window

I have all my projects placed in sepparate dirs with all the files for that project in the same dir.

Now what i do is make a tree pro project for AutoIt files, Exe Files and Other files

Select a project and the "Open Project" button and the current open files in SciTE will be closed and all .au3 files in the project dir wil be opend.

Or move tru the tree and select a au3 file to open extra in SciTE (current will stay open)

Exe files will be runned on selection and others will be opend in the default program.

Note there is a context menu

Posted Image

See attached file for the source

Update version 0.2: Fixed some nasty bugs

Fixed the FileClose($search) iforgot.(thanks jdeb for pointing me to it ) Here version 0.3

Fixed some various bugs (again) ,added some things and changed hotkey to CTRL+ALT+P:: Version 0.4b

Solved a lot of bugs, + added some new stuff : Version 0.5

Version 0.5b

Solved dual monitor docking

Added choise for 3 editor's (Scite,TextPad & Crimson editor=If installed) "it uses the selected one on cancel"

Option to put on/off the tree icons

Redone the treerefresh with thanks to gafrost

Included the exe (it gives 16 warnings if you compile it yourseff)

ProjectSelector0.5c.zip

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job :)

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Why not.

You need to reference the install Scite by using the registry value. For some people they are not install in "c:\Program Files\AutoIt\Scite\Scite.exe"

There is no real info relative only to Scite.

JdeB use the AutoIt info assuming that Scite is install below.

I think $SciteExe= RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\SciTE.exe","")

You get an erro if Scite is not installed.

Trying to browse several dir lead to a crash

Anyway that's very good and a good start :)

• Developers

Very nice !

It should be able to use it with any Editor ....

Trying to browse several dir lead to a crash

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The program needs to close the filehandle on line 150: FileClose($search)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Very helpful. You should ask the devs if they can make this standard.

If your refering to the Developers of Scite, for a project manager. Indeed would be a nice addition.

Info here on a request by somebody.

The addition would surely help to manage the scripts to catagory etc.

The pic above looks real nice. :)

If your refering to the Developers of Scite, for a project manager. Indeed would be a nice addition.

Info here on a request by somebody.

The addition would surely help to manage the scripts to catagory etc.

The pic above looks real nice. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the response dudes! :(

Note there is a new version to download in the first post

(fixed some verry nasty :) bugs)

Need some info, how do i refresh the tree? (now it ads the same info twice,damn :D )

How do you remove all entrys, dont find it in the helpfile! :(

Want to add somthings and need the refresh for that!

-Adding new projects

-Refresh if new file added

-Working contextmenu

If you have some usefull suggestions, trow in a post and i will try to add it!

Can take a wile as i'm going for a job today :D

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

Looks very nice and a great idear but how and where to place the script and what to write in Scite properties - I can't make it work and there are no documentations attached, it would be nice if peoble wrote some documentations to scripts like how to install and other basics...

KÃ¥re :)

Looks very nice and a great idear but how and where to place the script and what to write in Scite properties - I can't make it work and there are no documentations attached, it would be nice if peoble wrote some documentations to scripts like how to install and other basics...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont need no probs to be set in scite

Just compile it and run it, stays in the tray unthil F10 pressed

Starts up scite (if its not running), then shows the project selector on the left

Press F10 again and it restores the SciTE window and the app window hides

F11 exits the app

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

Well that could be written in a small topics - BUT the F10 / F11 is a dangerious one as all sort of programs use this in a misk like my optical mouse/Keyboard use F10 and that fired up a program in this path and further more the application started up in full screen model and did not started SciTE at all but released a bug and crashed...

I got latest Scite, AutoIt3 and all is funtion just fine...

Global system accelerators attachments is just dangeres things and has to go wrong - I think that AutoIt Gui has to move ahead from this in some manner and only leave this global as a option...

Though a nice idear with a project manager related to SciTe...

Edited by kjactive

i lauchned it, and directly pressed F10

ERROR:

C:\Documents and Settings\zeroZshadow\Bureaublad\ProjectSelector.au3 (208) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

While $text[0] <> $treeArray[$text[1]-$offset][2]

While $text[0] <> $treeArray^ ERROR

btw make a "NEW PROJECT" button

that just creates a map with the project name (inputbox) with 3 maps in it, named au3, exe, other.

or whatever you want to name those :)

or.... don't make the dirs :D

but anyway, a new project button would be nice.(nad fix that bug, i'm searching for more)

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

i lauchned it, and directly pressed F10

ERROR:

C:\Documents and Settings\zeroZshadow\Bureaublad\ProjectSelector.au3 (208) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

While $text[0] <> $treeArray[$text[1]-$offset][2]

While $text[0] <> $treeArray^ ERROR

btw make a "NEW PROJECT" button

that just creates a map with the project name (inputbox) with 3 maps in it, named au3, exe, other.

or whatever you want to name those :)

or.... don't make the dirs :D

but anyway, a new project button would be nice.(nad fix that bug, i'm searching for more)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will look in to it(fixing a lot off problems at the moment), still dous anyone now how to refresh a treeview? Edited by TuMbLeWeEd

Global system accelerators attachments is just dangeres things and has to go wrong - I think that AutoIt Gui has to move ahead from this in some manner and only leave this global as a option...

Are you confusing hotkeys with accelerators? Au3 gui seems to follow the same rules as other programs. :)

Can you not use windows drivers for your keyboard and mouse? That is what I do.

Might want to ask gafrost, he seems to be on fire with his functions. I needed to delete all the files from a ListView and he helped me :). Might be able to help you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just finished up the ListBox UDFs and sent them to Jdeb, working on the ones for the ComboBox, then maybe I'll go back and clean up and do a better job on the ListView ones.

Keep waiting for some of the bugs to get worked out of this one, got a pretty good idea on how to make it so you can have multiple folders in the ini and have it load

got the ini part working have to iron out the treeview stuff after some of the bugs get worked out of this.

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

yo about the refresh.

do you want that you first delete the WHOLE list and then rebuild it??

or refresh only what is changed??

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

The easy way for me to fit the rest of the code would be a total rebuild, as i refer to an array that is indexed in the same order as the tree( dont have to search tru the whole array then, but building the tree takes longer)

Have done it on a very dirty way that messes up my event's :

I just delete the whole gui and call the main function to build it up again wich is o so not :( the way to go with the event stuff, and wich is logical if i did tink a little bit more about it :)

This treeview thing is making me nuts :huh:

Have to find a way to do the the refresh first, as the chance is there that the solution to this is totaly incompatible with wat i'm doing now :D

gafrost:the multiple folders is very easy to implement now, but the same problem as above, gonna wait with it untill i have the tree-basterd :D under control

EDIT: FOUND IT, and it's very simple (feel like an idiot :( )

Here's the ting, delete the control and create it again (all events working)

I posted an update in the first post :(

Edited by TuMbLeWeEd