Unicode support and OpenFile common dialog

zezzagio

I was used to open more files at once in an automated application, that uses a stadard OpenFile commondialog, by simply putting all files names in the "File name:" edit control (using the ControlSetText function, via AutoItX COM interface), surrounded by the quoting " character (because names may contain spaces).

This seems not to work anymore in AutoIt 3.3.0. So far as my investigations have gone, the cause seems to be the Unicode support in 3.3.0 version: in fact I'm not able to open a single file too, if the file name is surrounded by the quoting character "; AutoIt seems to translate it in another character, that's not understood by the OpenFile dialog.

Thus, the problem seems to be: how to put a "true" quoting character in the "File name" edit control?

Or, there is another way to accomplish the same task? or, my diagnose was incorrect?

(I know I may open a set of files by opening one file at time, and this does work, but it slows down the job)

>Or, there is another way to accomplish the same task? or, my diagnose was incorrect?

Well, it was!

Sorry to have disturbed you. The problem seems to be more complicated than I thought, and I wasn't able to reproduce it in a controlled environment: it happens only in a complex script I'm writing, which I can't submit to you in its present form.

Maybe I'll write you again when when (if) I'll have understood something more of all this.

Ciao.

>Or, there is another way to accomplish the same task? or, my diagnose was incorrect?

Well, it was!

Sorry to have disturbed you. The problem seems to be more complicated than I thought, and I wasn't able to reproduce it in a controlled environment: it happens only in a complex script I'm writing, which I can't submit to you in its present form.

Maybe I'll write you again when when (if) I'll have understood something more of all this.

Ciao.

The problem seems to be a char length limit, as pointed out from marc0v in "127 char limit in AutoItX WinSetTitle (title blanked)"

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=104046 (no reply to this, either).

Ciao.