AutoIts now reported as virus.. again!

Guest krstymeggy

Guest krstymeggy

After today's update my compiled AutoIt scripts are being reported as "Win32:Trojan-gen. {UPX!}". The VPS version is 0534-0, 22/08/2005.

I've seen complaints about this from past updates too. If it's happened in the past and been corrected it would be nice if it could be tested for BEFORE release - like, LEARN from past mistakes?

My AutoIt version is the current one - V3.1.1.0.

Thank you.

• Moderators

krstymeggy,

Normally I make a point of welcoming new members to the forum, but in your case I will make an exception.

I've seen complaints about this

If you had bothered to actually read these "complaints" you would have seen that the AutoIt developers go out of their way to help the AntiVirus producers recognise the Autoit executable stub. You might even have realised that it is often the use of the upx compressor which triggers the alert. You might have even found out that it is often the malicious use of AutoIt code which causes the AntiVirus producers to flag it.

You would also have learnt that the AutoIt developers, and the more senior members of this forum, are equally as annoyed as you each time it happens.

it would be nice if it could be tested for BEFORE release - like, LEARN from past mistakes

I strongly suggest you go away and try and learn from your present ones and do not bother to return unless you have something more constructive to offer than a completely worthless complaint. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area