AD Managment

IONCom

Does anyone have any good examples of how to use the ADFunctions.au3 to help create a meaningful AD management console?

My management wants to supply our untrained service desk personel with Full access to ADUC and all functions for management.

I want to avoid that and provide only the functions that they will need to do their job.

Search, user and computer accounts, rename and edit information, reset passwords and add and delete machine and user accounts.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know enough on AutoIT to get around, but some of the ADFunctions are really burning my brain cells.

Does anyone have any good examples of how to use the ADFunctions.au3 to help create a meaningful AD management console?

My management wants to supply our untrained service desk personel with Full access to ADUC and all functions for management.

I want to avoid that and provide only the functions that they will need to do their job.

Search, user and computer accounts, rename and edit information, reset passwords and add and delete machine and user accounts.

Any help would be appreciated.

I know enough on AutoIT to get around, but some of the ADFunctions are really burning my brain cells.

put together a list of just what you need. We can work from that.

I have looked around and have some examples but trying to make a single interface for them is causing me headaches.

I am only looking to have them be able to open the application, have it find and know the domain and structure.

then only give them the ability to:

Lookup an account

Add Delete and change user properties

Change password and select change password at next login or do not require it.

Move the account to another OU.

Same with the computer accounts: Reset, Move, add or delete the account.

Nothing major but i am too brain dead to get it going.

I have VB scripts to manipulate bulk accounts and can get them going with very static settings, but I would really like to make it as automated as possible.

Thank you

You could have a look at my AD examples. You'll find 4 scripts that let you display users and groups or let you compare two users or two groups. Export to the clipboard, Excel and as Email are available. Everything is readonly, but might be a good starting point.

They are a bit outdated so if you find any problems just drop me a note.

I'm just converting adfunctions.au3 to a "real" AutoIT UDF (with help file, examples ...). The first step is to convert the readonly functions (that's what I can test) and in a second step all other functions (which I can't test as I only have readonly access).

I have finished the readonly functions in a real early alpha version.

If you want to test them just drop me a note.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki