Active Directory UDF

water

I'm on vacation right now. Will play with it nect week. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Function _AD_GetObjectsInOU should do the trick.
Or _AD_GetUserGroups (plus ignore all groups you do not need).

Do you want to process the groups recursively? Means user is member of group A which has group RND_DB_1C_* as a member?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

How would I get some information from a OU?

I need to get the information : State/Province from the OU that a specefic user is in.

Here i'm getting the OU : "it" from the user "miin", now I need to get the state/province from the ou: "it":

Here's the example i use to get the ou from a specefic user:

; Open Connection to the Active Directory
_AD_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Active Directory Example Skript", "Function _AD_Open encountered a problem. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

; ********************************************************************************
; Example 1 - Process the current user.
; Get the FQDN from the SamAccountname. Then get the SamAccountName from the FQDN.
; ********************************************************************************
; Get the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) for the current User
Global $sFQDN = _AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN("miin")

; Get the sAMAccountName from the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) for the current User
Global $sSamAccountName = _AD_FQDNToSamAccountName($sFQDN)

MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions - Example 1", $sFQDN)

Will post an example as soon as I return to my office.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This new function (will be available with the next release of the UDF) should do the trick:

#include <AD.au3>
_AD_Open()
$sOU = _AD_GetObjectOU(@UserName)
$sState = $_AD_GetObjectAttribute(@sOU, "xxx") ; Replace xxx with the attribute that holds the state
ConsoleWrite("State is: " & $sState)
_AD_Close()

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _AD_GetObjectOU
; Description ...: Returns the OU (Organizational Unit) of an object ("user", "group" etc.).
; Syntax.........: _AD_GetObjectOU($sObject)
; Parameters ....: $sObject - Object for which the main class should be returned. Can be specified as Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or sAMAccountName
; Return values .: Success - FQDN of the object's OU.
;                  Failure - "", sets @error to:
;                  |1 - Specified object does not exist
;                  |2 - The LDAP query returned no record. @extended is set to the error returned by LDAP
; Author ........: water
; Modified.......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........:
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _AD_GetObjectOU($sObject)

If _AD_ObjectExists($sObject) = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")
    If StringLeft($sObject, 7) <> "LDAP://" Then ; No ADsPath
        Local $sProperty = "sAMAccountName"
        If StringMid($sObject, 3, 1) = "=" Then $sProperty = "distinguishedName" ; FQDN provided
        $__oAD_Command.CommandText = "<LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_DNSDomain & ">;(" & $sProperty & "=" & $sObject & ");ADsPath;subtree"
        Local $oRecordSet = $__oAD_Command.Execute ; Retrieve the ADsPath for the object
        If @error Or Not IsObj($oRecordSet) Then Return SetError(2, @error, "")
        $sObject = $oRecordSet.fields(0).value
    EndIf
    Local $oObject = __AD_ObjGet($sObject) ; Retrieve the COM Object for the object
    Local $oOU = __AD_ObjGet($oObject.Parent) ; Get parent of the object (= OU)
    Return $oOU.Get("distinguishedName") ; Get distinguishedName (FQDN) for OU

EndFunc   ;==>_AD_GetObjectOU

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Version 1.4.2.0 of the UDF has been released.

Now runs with all versions of AutoIt >= 3.3.8.1.

Please test before using in production!

For download please see my signature.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Function _AD_GetObjectsInOU should do the trick.
Or _AD_GetUserGroups (plus ignore all groups you do not need).

Do you want to process the groups recursively? Means user is member of group A which has group RND_DB_1C_* as a member?

I want to do what they do in this article only AutoIT.

Unfortunately my Russian is a bit rusty ;)
What have you tried so far? Did my suggestion help?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

More yet, now in the process.
I have difficulty with my group parsing required.

Yes, that's what I need.

$aGroups = _AD_RecursiveGetMemberOf(@Username, 10, False, False)

Should return a list of all groups the current user is a member of. Extract all groups starting with "RND_DB_1C".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You simply have to grab those groups you are interested in:

$aGroups = _AD_RecursiveGetMemberOf(@Username, 10, False, False)
For $i = 1 To $aGroups[0]
    If StringLeft($aGroups[$i], 9) = "RND_DB_1C" Then ; Process the group
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I was wandering in the forums to know more stuff. Suddenly i saw this post. But i didn't knew anything about Active Directory. When i first that word, i thought that it was the active explorer window. Then i started googling. And found this MSDN link. I think this will be useful for the newcomers of this post. If possible please try to include this on help file.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa746492(v=vs.85).aspx

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Sorry, thats a typo. Should be $sOU.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I was wandering in the forums to know more stuff. Suddenly i saw this post. But i didn't knew anything about Active Directory. When i first that word, i thought that it was the active explorer window. Then i started googling. And found this MSDN link. I think this will be useful for the newcomers of this post. If possible please try to include this on help file.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa746492(v=vs.85).aspx

I have added a link to MSDN in the wiki.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki