Active Directory UDF

water

Thanks for your reply!

I hope you won't find any bugs :idea:

BTW:

Does anyone miss the function _AD_IsAccountExpired and/or _AD_GetAccountsExpired?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water,

please add this function (useful to reverse the settings from _AD_DisablePasswordExpire() after a certain time without changing the user password at next logon):

Func _AD_EnablePasswordExpire($sAD_Object)

If Not _AD_ObjectExists($sAD_Object) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If StringMid($sAD_Object, 3, 1) <> "=" Then $sAD_Object = _AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN($sAD_Object) ; sAMAccountName provided
    Local $oAD_Object = _AD_ObjGet("LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_Object)
    Local $iAD_UAC = $oAD_Object.Get("userAccountControl")
    $oAD_Object.Put("userAccountControl", BitAND($iAD_UAC, BitNOT($ADS_UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWD)))
    $oAD_Object.SetInfo
    If @error <> 0 Then Return SetError(@error, 0, 0)
    Return 1

EndFunc   ;==>_AD_EnablePasswordExpire
Edited by Joe2010

Will be available in the next version.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I am using 0.38.1. I can set the account expiration date but I don't know how to list user account expiration date. Is this something that could be added. I want to do something like this.

http://www.cruto.com/resources/vbscript/vbscript-examples/ad/users/status/List-the-Date-That-a-User-Account-Expires.asp

Thanks,

Tom

I am using 0.38.1. I can set the account expiration date but I don't know how to list user account expiration date. Is this something that could be added.

To get the account expiration date in readable form you can use something like this:

$Result = _AD_GetObjectProperties("SamAccountName or FQDN","accountexpires")
_ArrayDisplay($Result)

In the next version I will add code to check if an account has expired and to get a list of all expired accounts (users, computers).

I will post the code for _AD_IsAccountExpired and _AD_GetAccountsExpired here for you to test as soon as possible.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

i updated from 0.38.1 to 0.39 (without changing anything in the script) and im getting several errors where i didn't from 0.38.1

i couldn't track which lines its coming from bc the reported lines are from the ad.au3 and after looking at those lines i couldn't figure out why either..

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(1609,59) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$sAD_Now = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Now, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Date.au3(2797,60) : REF: definition of _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr().

Func _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr(ByRef $tSystemTime)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(1752,69) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$sAD_DTExpire = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_DTExpire, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\Date.au3(2797,60) : REF: definition of _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr().

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(1771,78) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$aAD_FQDN[$iAD_Count][1] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(1773,78) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$aAD_FQDN[$iAD_Count][2] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(1918,93) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$aAD_ObjectProperties[$iCount3][1] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp3, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(2859,71) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$aAD_PwdInfo[10] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp2, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(2863,70) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$aAD_PwdInfo[8] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp2, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\AD.au3(2866,70) : ERROR: _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr() called with wrong number of args.

$aAD_PwdInfo[9] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp2, 1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

U:\scripts\Dashboard\dashboard v0.3.3.2.au3 - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Edited by gcue

What version of AutoIt do you use? Looks like an "old" one that only supports 1 parameter for function _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hey, Water, I just wanted to say you are doing a phenomenal job on this UDF! Keep up the great work, man!

Glad you like the UDF! I'm heavily using it myself and I'm glad that I can return a bit to the Autoit community :idea:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

v3.3.0.0

didn't know there was a pre-req =)

What version of AutoIt do you use? Looks like an "old" one that only supports 1 parameter for function _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr.

didn't know there was a pre-req =)

Didn't know it myself :idea:

I've been searching the forum but in the history there is no evidence when _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr was changed.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

maybe something to mention for ver .39 and above?

Will change page 1 of this thread and the UDF source accordingly.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi everybody and sorry for english

I test the famous 0.39 version and the _AD_GetObjectsLocked function.

In AD2008, i have an account who is in locked status but when i test the _AD_GetObjectsLocked example, the error is code 2 and, of course, the msgbox is : No locked user accounts have been found

Is there a solution to obtain array with locked account ?

Thanks for response and thanks Water for this UDF

Hi lafafmentvotre,

could you please test _AD_IsObjectLocked() against an account you know is locked at the moment?

_AD_GetObjectsLocked() get's a list of all accounts with attribute "lockouttime" > 1 and then uses _AD_IsObjectLocked() to delete all users for which the lockout time has expired.

This is because "lockouttime" is only reset at next logon.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello Water

I have the same problem with_AD_IsObjectLocked() for a user who is locked (Account is locked out in account properties)

$lockeduser=the locked account
If _AD_IsObjectLocked($lockeduser) Then
    MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions", "User account '" & $lockeduser & "' is locked")
Else
    MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions", "User account '" & $lockeduser & "' is not locked")
EndIf

Result is : "User account 'xxxxx' is not locked"

What version of AutoIt do you run?

There was a bug in _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr before version 3.3.1.2

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

3.3.6.0 is fine. The problem has been solved with 3.3.1.2

Could you please run this version against the account you know is locked and post the results?

Func _AD_IsObjectLocked_Ex($sAD_Object = @UserName)

If Not _AD_ObjectExists($sAD_Object) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $sAD_Property = "sAMAccountName"
    If StringMid($sAD_Object, 3, 1) = "=" Then $sAD_Property = "distinguishedName"; FQDN provided
    Local $sAD_Query = "<LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_DNSDomain & ">;(" & $sAD_Property & "=" & $sAD_Object & ");ADsPath;subtree"
    Local $oAD_RecordSet = $oAD_Connection.Execute($sAD_Query) ; Retrieve the FQDN for the object
    Local $sAD_LDAPEntry = $oAD_RecordSet.fields(0).value
    Local $oAD_Object = _AD_ObjGet($sAD_LDAPEntry) ; Retrieve the COM Object for the object
    Local $oAD_LockoutTime = $oAD_Object.LockoutTime
    ; Object is not locked out
    If Not IsObj($oAD_LockoutTime) Then Return
    ; Calculate lockout time (UTC)
    Local $sAD_LockoutTime = _DateAdd("s", Int(_AD_LargeInt2Double($oAD_LockoutTime.LowPart, $oAD_LockoutTime.HighPart) / (10000000)), "1601/01/01 00:00:00")
ConsoleWrite("$sAD_LockoutTime: " & $sAD_LockoutTime & @CRLF)
    ; Object is not locked out
    If $sAD_LockoutTime = "1601/01/01 00:00:00" Then Return
    ; Get password info - Account Lockout Duration
    Local $aAD_Temp = _AD_GetPasswordInfo($sAD_Object)
ConsoleWrite("GetPasswordInfo: " & _ArrayToString($aAD_Temp) & @CRLF)
    ; Calculate when the lockout will be reset
    Local $sAD_ResetLockoutTime = _DateAdd("n", $aAD_Temp[5], $sAD_LockoutTime)
ConsoleWrite("$sAD_ResetLockoutTime: " & $sAD_ResetLockoutTime & @CRLF)
    ; Compare to current date/time (UTC)
    Local $sAD_Now = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()
    $sAD_Now = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Now, 1)
ConsoleWrite("$sAD_Now: " & $sAD_Now & @CRLF)
    If $sAD_ResetLockoutTime >= $sAD_Now Then Return SetError(_DateDiff("n", $sAD_Now, $sAD_ResetLockoutTime), 0, 1)
    Return

EndFunc
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki