Latest Beta

JohnOne

The beta will install to it's own folder so there's no risk at all with that. You're not supposed to put things in the "\AutoIt3\Include" folder anyway.

Thanks

Does this mean, both versions are able to run independently

I mean in a folder NEW\Autoitv3script or New|Autoitbetascript, or something ?

I have to put UDF files there on account of my scruffy nature and memory retention, and I'm far to old to adapt a new nature :)

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Full version of SciTE has options to compile and run production and beta. See the Options menu.

The latest beta information can be found here

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

I have to put UDF files there on account of my scruffy nature and memory retention, and I'm far to old to adapt a new nature :)

Then you're going to be in for two surprises.

Surprise the first: You don't have to store anything in that directory and you should never store anything in that directory. There are facilities in place to allow custom include directories. I suggest reading the documentation.

Surprise the second: If you install the beta then the beta will not see files in the non-beta Include directory. That means either you copy the files manually and keep them up-to-date and fuck up lots of stuff in the process when a copy goes awry. Or you do things the right way.

Thanks Valik, I think.

When I deteriorate to a point when I cant successuly complete a copy and past function without ballsing it up, I'll be packing my computer machine off into the attic anyway.

I reckon if you seen the state of my computer and its directories you would punch me in the face.

I know what I should do, I'm just not going to kid myself that I will do.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

You could always install the Beta the way I do. I just use the sfx file and extract everything then overwrite the Release version files with the Beta. Easy to switch back if something is messed up anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

That may be a better option as I usually just right click the au3 file and select run script, and not sure which version it would use.

Talking about right click, I just noticed a debug option. Has that always been there or new ?

Thanks Valik, I think.

When I deteriorate to a point when I cant successuly complete a copy and past function without ballsing it up, I'll be packing my computer machine off into the attic anyway.

I reckon if you seen the state of my computer and its directories you would punch me in the face.

I know what I should do, I'm just not going to kid myself that I will do.

All it takes is accidentally Ctrl+Clicking one extra file and you can very easily introduce an incompatible file into a different version of AutoIt. There is absolutely no excuse for not doing it the right way unless you don't have about 2 minutes of your life to read the documentation and setup the proper registry entry. Something you need to do one time. It seems like spending less than 5 minutes total to organize it correctly and have a safety guarantee that nothing is going to happen to your files seems like it might be worth it. But what do I know?

I know you are right Valik, but I didnt know I'd need to add to the registry.

Would just a UDF folder alongside the Include folder be apt ? before I go poking around the registry.