RenicerD

warmfuzzy

The attached RenicerD.au3 sits in your tray and every 30 seconds ensures that processes are set at the desired priority.

Devised so that shortly after you start up a program like a VOIP soft phone, that its priority is raised to 4, for example, which helps reduce problems sending/receiving voice packets when other programs start up in the background, consume resources or when spikes occur, etc.

Version 1.0: RenicerD.au3

Good idea, but oddly scripted.

Why do you make functions that way? Functions are for reusability, usually. I don't think there is a point for having those parts of the script in functions.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Good idea, but oddly scripted.  Why do you make functions that way?  Functions are for reusability, usually.  I don't think there is a point for having those parts of the script in functions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Primarily to abstract the initialization and heavy-lifting out of the main loop, and in anticipation that other people would modify this script extensively, possibly adding a GUI, .ini functionality replacing the MakeArray, etc.

Don't you find it easier & cleaner to visualize and debug using modularized code rather than have everything dangle from a prohibitively large multi-indented code block?

Version 1.0 of this particular script is small and doesn't yet warrant anything complex, but I suspect that anyone using this in a production environment would definitely need to add a UI mechanism to move from hard-coded values to dynamic values. In other words: vote early, vote often.

Primarily to abstract the initialization and heavy-lifting out of the main loop, and in anticipation that other people would modify this script extensively, possibly adding a GUI, .ini functionality replacing the MakeArray, etc.

Don't you find it easier & cleaner to visualize and debug using modularized code rather than have everything dangle from a prohibitively large multi-indented code block?

Version 1.0 of this particular script is small and doesn't yet warrant anything complex, but I suspect that anyone using this in a production environment would definitely need to add a UI mechanism to move from hard-coded values to dynamic values. In other words: vote early, vote often.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought about tie something like this intoProcess Blocker v1.3 When I made this program. Have a Look.

I also usually script like this aswell, oddly as you put it Insolence. It makes the overall code look alot cleaner when its in a loop. And like warmfuzzy said, it makes it alot easier to debug. I also call other functions form inside a function. Instead of swifting through the whole code to find a certain part you can head directly towards the function itself :). I often do this when the code is a bit 'large'.

Edited by Burrup

qq