USB COMM / USB UDF ???

Vision

hi guys,

i searched for a USB Comm or Udf to communicate with a usb port.:

Nothing found :/

here is my background:

i have a Display Box with some electronic which is working at the moment with RS232 serial connection (to PC)

now i have to update the electronic components (update memory etc) in this part i have to change the connection to usb.

and here is the problem:

i used a autoit scritp to read out the electronic component over rs232 no problem.

its work on send/receive:

sending "save1" to rs232 getting back all values what where in my first save block.

no problem to work with this in autoit

how i can do this with USB???

are there any libs or whatever to communicate with usb like rs232?

hope you understand me, sorry for that bad english

regards

Edited by Vision

No. USB is a very different technology than RS232, and they are nothing alike. I believe that there are no standard libraries for USB available, because it depends on each driver how they utilize USB.

Instead of a "USB lib" you should be looking for a "Driver lib" for whatever driver you have.

You may not need anything fancy. If you can go with just send/receive data (without regard to or control over the other signal lines) you could be done using the COMx: device as a read/write file.

A large number of different RS232C to USB adapters exist and their direct interface depends on gory low-level details varying from model to model. I would forget about interface at the USB level because even if you succeed after spending a long time figuring how to deal with your current device, if ever it dies someday you'll have to start again from scratch to interface a [probably different] replacement.

Try the OS level if you can and tell us how it goes.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

hi guys,

i searched for a USB Comm or Udf to communicate with a usb port.:

Nothing found :/

here is my background:

i have a Display Box with some electronic which is working at the moment with RS232 serial connection (to PC)

now i have to update the electronic components (update memory etc) in this part i have to change the connection to usb.

and here is the problem:

i used a autoit scritp to read out the electronic component over rs232 no problem.

its work on send/receive:

sending "save1" to rs232 getting back all values what where in my first save block.

no problem to work with this in autoit

how i can do this with USB???

hope you understand me, sorry for that bad english

regards

It's not very clear to me what you want or need to do. It sounds like you have to change the electronic design of the Display box so that it uses a USB interface instead of RS232. Is that what you mean? If so it's not as difficult as you (and some others) might think.

Or do you mean the new Dosplay Box has USB rather than RS232 and you don't know how to communicate with it?

Or something else?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.