[REQ] Smaller AutoIt Executables

I found that a AutoIt executable with a few lines of code end up as 400 kb's. It is very usefull to have smaller AutoIt executables for many reasons. I have read on the forum that the whole AutoIt interpreter is included with the executable when it is compiled. My idea for the DEV's is to implement a tool which allows you to strip or disinclude certain or automatically detect all unused parts of the interpreter to reach a better overall file fize. At the moment, a blank AutoIt executable compressed with the highest setting is around 300 kb. In reality, this compiled blank AutoIt script should be no more than 10 kb with the icon included and no UPX compression.

Am i making sense? I am almost positive that this is possible. Im counting on you DEV's. Especially Valik ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And like you I'm counting on Valik to give you the answer to your question.

As a matter of fact I can hardly wait.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Why don't you go and read the Things NOT on the ToDo List-page, and think up some counterarguments, you're not gonna get "smaller executables" just by asking.

And the support forum? Come on, that's just soo funny.

This was a suggestion. And i thought maybe this would have been much more simpler to implement but if you guys are really honestly saying it is a technological nightmare then there really isnt much to do other find alternative ways is there.

Edited by anzacfalcon

try using Obfuscate_Minimum and upx --ultra-brute

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/sf /sv /om /cs=0 /cn=0

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=upx --ultra-brute %out%

and you'll go from 400 kB to ~ 275 kB for a minimal program

(of course everything has it's price, --ultra-brute makes 72 passes)

whim

• Developers

I guess the only purpose of this request for you could be to be able to create even smaller keyloggers?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

[REQ] Smaller AutoIt Executables - Will this ever be possible?

Yes, this is already possible. Just not with AutoIts current implementation. We've discussed this time and time again, so much that it got tedious. Eventually, because everyone was tired of discussing this a "Not on the to-do list" list was created, so we would be rid of this once and for all. Perhaps this will come in AutoIt v4.

Until that happens, read any previous discussions we had about this.

Yeah I really don't see the big deal with a 500k script. Storage nowadays is nothing and less then a Mb is a joke. You mentioned faster distribution? Who isn't on at least DSL these days let alone cable internet. If its so called bandwidth then use P2P it was invented for that reason. If its really that popular that you actually have bandwidth issues then you could be making plenty of money from adds or donations or fees or even better there's countless places for free online storage to upload and share files.

Edited by Onichan

• Developers

Ummmmmmmm. LuLz. Very offended...

Its the simple truth so do not understand why you are offended... or did you forget?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Why don't you use only .au3 or .a3x scripts ?

If you made a VBS script, the Csript.exe have always the same size (132Ko).

If you made a Batch script, the Command.com have always the same size (51Ko).

I can continue with a lot of known interpreted language (Pyton, Java, etc ...)

So why do you want that AutoIt.exe size will be smaller ?

Add it in the client system installation, make association with au3 and a3x and run your smaller scripts. ;)

Best Regards.Thierry

There was also the idea here and even though I abandoned it it did work and might be worth pursuing for some applications. I could possibly find the source code if anyone wanted it

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Developers

There was also the idea here and even though I abandoned it it did work and might be worth pursuing for some applications. I could possibly find the source code if anyone wanted it

Isn't that more-or-less what the a3x compiled file is?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.