Putting up a button on Windows Title Bar

Rishav

Hi folks

Any ideas how to add in a button on the title bar itself?

(a small "?" marked button just before the minimize button.)

thanks and regards.

Rishav

Do you mean like the extended style $WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP? Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

wow. I didn't even know such an option existed.

thanks.

btw, it didn't work for me.

$MainImportGUI = GUICreate("Automata v0.1 beta", 1225, 900, -1, -1, BitOR($WS_SYSMENU, $WS_GROUP), $WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP)

Any ideas on what am i doing wrong?

The reason I said "like" was because that style cannot be used with $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX or $WS_MINIMIZEBOX.

$MainImportGUI = GUICreate("Automata v0.1 beta", 1225, 900, -1, -1, _
    BitAnd(BitOR($WS_SYSMENU,$WS_GROUP),BitNot($WS_MAXIMIZEBOX),BitNot($WS_MINIMIZEBOX)), _
    $WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP)
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

what about BitOR($WS_SYSMENU, $WS_GROUP)?

It doesn't work for me so I specifically turned off the minimize and maximize buttons.

$WS_GROUP adds the minimize and maximize buttons and those stop the query button being added. At least that's what happens for me although from the help and msdn I don't see why.(why those buttons are added.)

The documentation also says that $WS_SYSMENU must be used with $WS_CAPTION but I can't see it makes any difference.

so, any ideas? ;)

The way to use that button is explained here. It isn't really suitable as a general button IMO.

Either you need to draw the caption bar with a button on it, which I think is very difficult , or you could

It might be easier to try something like EzSkin in example scripts.