Resource Hacker 3.5 Beta !

pixels75

It also seems to have a problem with Win 7 icons when importing resources from an res file and Angus has no intention of fixing that because he doesn't need it. I have not decided yet if I will be changing the file in my installer version of Resource Hacker or not. I may just add a download option for those that want it

What's not new?

No support.

Requests for modifications will not be considered.

Normal Email reply times are 3 days to 6 months (usually no reply at all).

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It also seems to have broken the version info editing capability. If you change it now, then click 'Compile Script', the version info disappears completely.

And here I thought it was just me. Angus MAY fix that one if he spots it and he still needs that capability but he certainly won't work on it as an active project any longer. As it happens I didn't need the version info in the file I was working on but should the need arise then I guess the answer will be to import it using the old version but even that may break something else. Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

BTW, is there a way to use ResHacker to add version info if it doesn't already exist? I've tried adding a version.rc file, but I can't figure out the resource type to use that adds it in the correct place. I've tried VERSION, VERSIONINFO, VERSION_INFO...no luck. Adding as a *.res file works though.

It's the resource identifier followed by VERSIONINFO

Example

1 VERSIONINFO

The easy way to see the proper structure is to open a file with ResHacker and right-click Version Info then choose Save [Version Info] resources...

Save it to your desktop as an rc file and then open it with any text editor.

The one thing to be carefull of is language. If you do as I suggested with any compiled script that is not using any special resources you should get the standard AutoIt version info and you will see a line that reads

BLOCK "080904b0"

Near the bottom of the file you will see a line that reads

VALUE "Translation", 0x0809 0x04B0

Notice that the BLOCK line is the same as the Translation line without the 0x and no spaces

Also there are no spaces allowed in the "Value" names (first field of each value)

Standard Values are

"Comments"

"CompanyName"

"FileDescription"

"FileVersion"

"InternalName"

"LegalCopyright"

"OriginalFilename"

"ProductName"

"ProductVersion"

But you can add almost anything in there as long as there are no spaces. See "CompiledScript" below.

Here is the contents of a rc file from a compiled AutoIt script

1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 3,3,1,7
PRODUCTVERSION 3,3,1,7
FILEOS 0x4
FILETYPE 0x0
{
BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
{
    BLOCK "080904b0"
    {
        VALUE "FileDescription", ""
        VALUE "FileVersion", "3, 3, 1, 7"
        VALUE "CompiledScript", "AutoIt v3 Script: 3, 3, 1, 7"
    }
}

BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
{
    VALUE "Translation", 0x0809 0x04B0
}
}
Edited by GEOSoft

George

'1 VERSIONINFO' doesn't work either. It's the Resource Type field I can't figure out. However you can just compile the .rc to .res using rc.exe, and that CAN be imported successfully by Resource Hacker.

Posted Image

Edited by wraithdu

'1 VERSIONINFO' doesn't work either. It's the Resource Type field I can't figure out. However you can just compile the .rc to .res using rc.exe, and that CAN be imported successfully by Resource Hacker.

Posted Image

I don't think resHacker WILL import an rc file for version info. It has to be compiled to a res file anyway.

George

• Moderators

George and wraithdu,

After extensive testing I can confirm George's theory:

I don't think resHacker WILL import an rc file for version info. It has to be compiled to a res file anyway

I have also found that the following fields are set to 0 if they are not set:

FILEVERSION 3,0,0,8
PRODUCTVERSION 3,3,1,7

and that AutoItWrapper directives such as

://////=__=.

which produce the BLOCK lines such as:

VALUE "ProductVersion", "3.0"

do NOT override the fixed values, which I would rather like them to do. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Maybe for certain fields like "ProductVersion", Jos should be implementing a StringReplace() type of function to change those dots to commas.

George

• Developers

In AutoIt3Wrapper, ProductVersion is hardcoded to the version of the AutoIt binfile, and is used in the fixed values section.

$INP_ProductVersion = FileGetVersion($AutoItBin)

Correct, this was a compromise in a background discussion we had on the default Res information in a standard compiled script.

I didn't like the hardcode "CompiledScript" in there after AutoIt3Wrapper updated the version block:

VALUE "CompiledScript", "AutoIt v3 Script : 3, 3, 0, 0"

but left this in there:

1 VERSIONINFO

FILEVERSION 3,3,0,0

PRODUCTVERSION 3,3,0,0

FILEOS 0x4

FILETYPE 0x0

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos, I was working on a port of AutoIt3Wrapper for AHK scripts, and ended up fixing some bugs and changing/adding a few things around. I think everything I've done makes sense, so I'd like to send you a diff (or the whole source of you want it) so you can see if you want to implement it in your official build. One thing of note that I fixed was the deleting of resource sections..this is broken in the current AutoIt3Wrapper version. I also allowed named resource types so AutoIt3Wrapper can now be used with Zedna's resource UDF, added a ProductVersion directive if someone really wants to override it, sort of standardized the _Res_Update() function, and added support for the new /x86 switch in aut2exe_x64.exe which allows upx packing a 32-bit binary created on an x64 OS.

Let me know if you want me to send it to you, I think it makes some valuable additions.

• Developers

Let me know if you want me to send it to you, I think it makes some valuable additions.

Always interested as mentioned in my answer to your PM. ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Anyone know how to contact Angus to let him know about the Version Info disappearing bug? He really should fix that one...

He's already been notified but so far he's not too concerned and if you had ever dealt with Angus you would know that if anything is going to be done it will be done when it suits him. He's more apt to just pull tha Beta off the page.

George