Resource Hacker 3.5 Beta !

pixels75

Sweet. No changelog, but let's hope that he fixed the aforementioned bug. I'll test it out later.

There won't be any change logs because the product is officially out of development and only gets changed when Angus personally requires the change. He thinks he fixed the bug but he's not even sure that it is properly fixed. I can't test it at the moment because my primary system went down hard so I'm only going on what he said in an Email.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

George, why doesn't he open source the project and let the community handle it?

He just won't do that and to me it's stupid. He is a really funny man to deal with and by funny I don't mean ha-ha funny. He has some very novel ideas about his software. You should have been watching me jump through hoops to get his permission to write an installer package for that program. It took 6 years of perserverance. His initial reply was "If I wanted an installer version I would write it myself". The final permission came as a terse reply "You have my permission." I don't know if the light finally dawned on him or if he got tired of hearing from me. Now he at least replies to me with decent answers again but in his own time as usual.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

He needs to figure out what his priority is. If he just wants private software for himself then he needs to keep it private (I do this with virtually everything I write as I don't wish to support it outside my own needs). Otherwise he needs to stop dicking around with people. An unsupported tool with flaws that won't be fixed is worse than no tool at all. It gives people something to use as long as they can work around the flaws but it also deters others from writing comparable software that is supported and maintained. This is especially true for something as... annoying as working with the PE format.

Tell him to stop being a pussy. Either release the software and support it, open-source it and walk away or just stop distributing it if he has no intentions of supporting it. His behavior sounds very dick-less.

Telling Angus anything is akin to banging ones forehead againts the roadway in the middle of rush hour traffic. He has absolutly no interest in reviving the project. He made changes because he needed them. I'm kind of surprised that he even bothered with a beta release.

George

Meh, somebody needs to bash his head into pavement, then. Maybe he's one of those complete social outcasts who's so out of touch with reality he doesn't realize that his software is the de-facto standard? Whatever his problem is, he doesn't sound worth messing with if this is how he behaves with his software.

I'm used to it so he doesn't bother me that much. Now that I've written the installer version I don't care what he does with the app. I still don't know why he ever objected to an installer that made Resource Hacker available to other apps. I finally convinced him by pointing out that 3 or 4 of us in the forums at that time were using Resource Hacker with our code and it had to be much better to have a single install than to require Resource Hacker to be installed in several different folders. With the installer it's available simply by reading the path in the registry. Depending on how the beta works out I may eventually add it in as an optional download but I'm not concerned about it.

George