Obfuscator Temp File?

After obfuscating, compiling and running the file, Avira suddenly detects a HTML script virus which I think is a false positive. Could it be a temp file created when the obfuscated script is decrypted?

The file is detected in 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\qihaihs'(random 7 letter filename with no extension)

Virus Total scan result: https://www.virustotal.com/analisis/1673155c5512211571ebd0aca880cca19a847dd50c1c7d06def28123be7b3f1e-1260696481

Does it happen to anyone else?

I managed to capture one before it was deleted by running a script to kill the process before it can delete the temp file. I monitored the files using Sysinternals's FileMon.

Edited by anonimous

• Developers

This is the table file created at Obfuscation time and included in the obfuscated exe. Doubt this file is marked as a virus.

Pretty sure you got yourself a false positive.

Talk to your AV provider.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This is the table file created at Obfuscation time and included in the obfuscated exe. Doubt this file is marked as a virus.

Pretty sure you got yourself a false positive.

Talk to your AV provider.

Jos

Oh I didn't realise it was the exact table that was generated when obfuscating the script. I thought it was temp file generated when running the script. Thanks for the info!

Hi,

I had recently a similar problem with obfuscator and McAfee. (I reported the false positive)

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

till Friday the don't.

I'll check my laptop tomorrow, cause it is the one for business. On my private PC I do not use McAfee.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Developers

I reported to avira and they still say that its an damaged maleware file with harmful Codefragments...

... and what do you think?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Its simple:

It is a false positive but when you don't trust it then just don't use it....

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.