Detect if a new program has been installed?

LaNiZ

Hello! I've been trying to detect if any new programs 'has been/is being' installed and get basic stats about the program (such as Name, Path to Exe and date of installation).

I tried to capture processes and see if any "setup.exe" was there. it worked But: It can only detect an installation being installed but it can not find the path or the name or anything about the installation..

So my question is: is it possible to detect a newly added program and maybe add the info about it to a list (Registry or .INI file)?

(one way would to be able to read the list of installed programs from Windows "Add and Remove Programs" List.. but i can't find a way to read it =/ ).

Thank you in advance.

Edited by LaNiZ

Hello! I've been trying to detect if any new programs 'has been/is being' installed and get basic stats about the program (such as Name, Path to Exe and date of installation).

I tried to capture processes and see if any "setup.exe" was there. it worked But: It can only detect an installation being installed but it can not find the path or the name or anything about the installation..

So my question is: is it possible to detect a newly added program and maybe add the info about it to a list (Registry or .INI file)?

(one way would to be able to read the list of installed programs from Windows "Add and Remove Programs" List.. but i can't find a way to read it =/ ).

Thank you in advance.

I don't know about a lot of that but for the registry entries of apps which allow uninstallating (as all apps should) then this information might help.

Key = HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppNameorCompany value name = "DisplayName", Type = "REG_SZ", value = ProgramName

Key = HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppNameorCompany value name = "UninstallString", Type = "REG_SZ", value = FullPathToUninstaller

Key = HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppNameorCompany value name = "DisplayIcon", Type = "REG_SZ", value = FullPathToIcon

;If both NoModify and NoRepair are set to 1, the button (in Windows Add/Remove programs) displays "Remove" instead of "Modify/Remove".

Key = HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppNameorCompany value name = "NoModify", Type = "REG_DWORD",value = 0 or 1)

Key = HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppNameorCompany value name = "NoRepair", Type = "REG_DWORD",value = 0 or 1)

I know these work for XP and Vista.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.