GUI Needs To Pause!

bvr

The program I am making needs the GUI to stay still and not disapear. I want to set this up as a GUI window, with tabs on the upper part of it, and the information for a user to type in. Is there a way to make the GUI not exit. Here is my script, it all came from the help file

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
GUICreate("NovusWizard", 700, 500)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Introduction", 30, 10)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

~edit I know you can make it sleep() for any ammount of seconds

Edited by bmroyer

Did you actually look at the examples in the help file, because i don't think you did.

Straight from the helpfile:

; example 1
#include <GUIConstants.au3>

GUICreate("My GUI") ; will create a dialog box that when displayed is centered
GUISetState (@SW_SHOW)    ; will display an empty dialog box

; Run the GUI until the dialog is closed
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
Wend

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

I appreciate the help, ya I have trouble reading the help file. I wish he would just write a book on how program in it, I find it annoying reading off a computer screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why write a book, autoit is being updated every day by the really cool dev's contributing there time so we can enjoy a coolio language :D if a book was written, it would be out of date before it got shipped.. :)
FootbaG

Write a book because he has a hard time staring at a computer screen... that's why.

Frankly I do too, I'd love some nice AutoIt reading from Larry/CyberSlug.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

I appreciate the help, ya I have trouble reading the help file. I wish he would just write a book on how program in it, I find it annoying reading off a computer screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you can find utilities to print out the entire help file.

I don't remember one but I know they exist.

That's will help to take distance with the screen.

I have printed the entire Help file by selecting the top level "AutoIt" topic, then select print, then select "Print selected Heading and all subtopics". Be prepared to have a very thick book. So I only print it for every major version upgrade and not for beta releases.

RocTx

• 2 weeks later...