How to parse/scrape text from yahoo messenger window

Hey guys,

I wish to parse text from a yahoo messenger window. This is because I have 2 computers and wish to have 2 bots communicate and work with each other together.

Bot A sends a message through yahoo messenger for example Goto site xxxxx

Bot B reads the message/command then acts upon it and then communicates back.

I searched the forum, and found the commands wingettext and controlgettxt, but couldnt get it to read from the messenger window.

Do I need to scrape or something? Im newbie and only been learning bits and bots for last couple of weeks. Ive attached a picture of the window and information .

Any help kindly appreaciated. ;)

Regards

Paul

post-54352-12607742566606_thumb.png

You are trying to make 2 computers communicate with each other, and choose to use Yahoo messenger for this? That seems like is a really dumb idea.

The TCP has been specifically engineered to do what you want to do, and it's as good as perfect. AutoIt natively supports it, and it's a long standing standard. Yahoo messenger isn't any of these things.

So unless you have another reason for using Yahoo messenger for this purpose; Change your method.

Commands with Control... won't work. You could try something like this to get the text!

Local $Title = "Title" ;your window title

WinActivate($Title)
WinWaitActive($Title)
MouseClick("left", 500, 700) ;Enter here matching coordinates.
SendKeepActive($Title)
Send("^a")
Send("^c")
MsgBox(0,"Text in Clip", ClipGet())

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

;)

Do not post if your going to be an asshole and call me dumb, as stated I am new to AutoIt, and didnt even know there was functions such as TCP and sounds advanced. So rather than scoff, why not point me in right direction.

Its a waste of my time and yours.

I never called you dumb and nor am I laughing. I just said you had a dumb idea, and you did. Why must I wrap my words so carefully that you won't realize you've done something wrong, when you have? It's better to be direct, so that the other person understands you, than wander endlessly in political correctness as to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Learning has a cost. You're paying it now, you have learned. End of.

Thanks for useful advice.

That's not useful advice. It's stupid advice.

My reply has helped you a lot more than telling you to continue to automate Yahoo. The way I see it, I'm the one telling you the truth when you need it most.

Edited by Manadar

I don't know what you want to do exactly and I don't know if it works with a yahoo messenger window. But it works with 'Windows Live Messenger'. You have just to do a lots of string commands too. And maybe it is a stupid advice, but an easy one for easy things.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

I don't know what you want to do exactly and I don't know if it works with a yahoo messenger window. But it works with 'Windows Live Messenger'. You have just to do a lots of string commands too. And maybe it is a stupid advice, but an easy one for easy things.

I don't blame you for telling him exactly what he's asking. It's just not the best thing to do right now. Maybe that doesn't make it stupid advice, but it's not useful advice.

You've wasted your own time. You've failed as a troll. Why? You haven't done your research.

As a long standing member of this community, and same as anyone that has been here a long while, I know how to detect trolls and when to feed them (to watch themselves fail catastrophically) or not. You here make a nice troll study case. Call the other person a troll to divert attention away from yourself. Good!

Well If I had same knowledge from you and seen someone asking the same question as me I would say something along the lines of.

You think this knowledge came to me on it's own? No. It didn't. It took 5 years of work to get to the level of knowledge that I have over AutoIt now. And instead of keeping all this knowledge to myself, I devote a large part of my time helping other people and expect nothing in return.

I've been put back in my place so many times. Simply read back to my first posts on this forum, and you will find it.

"You might want to investigate the TCP commands @ Here", or "there is a better way of getting the bots to communicate via bla bla, example code"

So could you. You asked specifically how to parse/scrape text from yahoo messenger window while you could have asked "How can I make two bots communicate each other over a network?". I would have simply replied by using TCP or UDP, maybe even showed an example, and you would have looked it up and all would be fine. You've really brought this onto yourself.

This is supposed to be helpful community and trolling arrgoant gays like yourself ruin it.

Likewise. I find your attempt to give gays a bad name pathetic.

Voltraire, stop being a douche. Manadar is absolutely right and has done nothing wrong. He's not on any power trip (he has no power to speak of other than knowledge). He's by-passed your stupid implementation idea and went straight to a far superior implementation and tried to push you in the right direction. Either accept the advice of somebody who knows what he's doing or piss off. Reporting MVPs when they are trying to help you is pretty damn stupid.

Edit: I just noticed the deleted post from Voltraire that Manadar is quoting. Voltraire, next time you step out of line with idiotic comments like that and you'll be taking a vacation. What ruins this forum are people like you. People who don't listen to those that know far more than you will ever know. People that instead of taking criticism and learning from it instead resort to calling others "gay". Gay, really? 2002 called, it wants it's insult back. At least call Manadar a "pole-smoking hippie" or something that shows you at least fired off one synapse to come up with the insult.

Edited by Valik

Voltraire, stop being a douche. Manadar is absolutely right and has done nothing wrong. He's not on any power trip (he has no power to speak of other than knowledge). He's by-passed your stupid implementation idea and went straight to a far superior implementation and tried to push you in the right direction. Either accept the advice of somebody who knows what he's doing or piss off. Reporting MVPs when they are trying to help you is pretty damn stupid.

Edit: I just noticed the deleted post from Voltraire that Manadar is quoting. Voltraire, next time you step out of line with idiotic comments like that and you'll be taking a vacation. What ruins this forum are people like you. People who don't listen to those that know far more than you will ever know. People that instead of taking criticism and learning from it instead resort to calling others "gay". Gay, really? 2002 called, it wants it's insult back. At least call Manadar a "pole-smoking hippie" or something that shows you at least fired off one synapse to come up with the insult.

1) IF YOU COULD READ, IT WAS THE "HOW IT WAS SAID" ELEMENT NOT WHAT WAS SAID! DONT YOU DARE THREATEN ME YOU LITTLE LOSER, HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN MAKE 1000'S OF POSTS?

WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE WE NEED INFORMATION FAST, AND HAVE NOT GOT TIME FOR IDIOTIC PRICKS LIKE YOURSELF OR THE GIMP GIVING POINTLESS ANSWERS.

BAN ME? I SIMPLY CHANGE IP, AND UNLIKE YOU, I AM NOT HERE FOR "VALIDATION" IT MEANS NOTHING TO ME THAT YOUR HAVE SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS FORUM MAKING POSTS.

NORMALLY I JUST PAY SOMEONE FOR PROGRAMMMING.

ITS TRUE WHAT THEY SAY ON THE AUTOHOT KEY FORUMS.

PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM BUNCH A BIG HEADED EGOTISTICAL DWEEBS.

NEXT TIME LEAVE YOUR BOYFRIEND TO MAKE FIGHT YOUR HIS OWN BATTLES.

MY APOLOGIES TO THE GENUINE DECENT RARE FEW DECENT PEOPLE ON HERE WHO DO BOTHER DO HELP IN A FRIENDLY AND CONSTRUCTIVE WAY.post-54352-12608312255012_thumb.jpg

Permanent ban. Not only for the comments you all can see here but for the abuse of the Report feature with the following content:

VALIK YOU ARE A FAGGOT,

NOW GO LICK THE ASS OF YOUR GAY LOVER.

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!

BAN ME? I SIMPLY CHANGE IP, AND UNLIKE YOU, I AM NOT HERE FOR "VALIDATION" IT MEANS NOTHING TO ME THAT YOUR HAVE SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS FORUM MAKING POSTS.

NORMALLY I JUST PAY SOMEONE FOR PROGRAMMMING.

ITS TRUE WHAT THEY SAY ON THE AUTOHOT KEY FORUMS.

PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM BUNCH A BIG HEADED EGOTISTICAL DWEEBS.

NEXT TIME LEAVE YOUR BOYFRIEND TO MAKE FIGHT YOUR HIS OWN BATTLES.

MY APOLOGIES TO THE GENUINE DECENT RARE FEW DECENT PEOPLE ON HERE WHO DO BOTHER DO HELP IN A FRIENDLY AND CONSTRUCTIVE WAY.post-54352-12608312255012_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting your shit here and calling over 30 000 members (me included) a dweeb. For the record there are more then a few that are friendly here but your not one of them. Clam down and read a book other than how to loose friends and alienate people. Everyone want things NOW with means no one has the time to LEARN.

If you what to lean remember anything work doing is worth doing poorly at first.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Agreed.

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.