IP Adx Input

Wolfy

Very new to AutoIt. Could use some help on this. I am not finding the answer through help or example Scripts including the inputbox.au3.

While installing an AS400 Session I am Prompted to input an IP Adx into a box. I can get to the box but not get data entered into it any help is appreciated.

The last thing I've tried is: $text = InputBox("172.16.0.40")

Nothing is happening just a blank box.

are YOU creating the Input?

-- look up InputBox in the helpfile

are you placing text into an already created input?

-- if its not your autoitscript.. then use Winwaitactive() and Send()

Very new to AutoIt. Could use some help on this. I am not finding the answer through help or example Scripts including the inputbox.au3.

While installing an AS400 Session I am Prompted to input an IP Adx into a box. I can get to the box but not get data entered into it any help is appreciated.

The last thing I've tried is: $text = InputBox("172.16.0.40")

Nothing is happening just a blank box.

Use the included AU3Info.exe (AutoIt Window Info Tool) to get information about the dialog window and input control you are working with. You want the unique title of the window, and the ControlID of the input control. This should allow you to use ControlSend() with the appropriate parameters (see that function in the help file).

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law