Extracting code from a compiled AutoIt exe?

squone

So I managed to lose my .au3 files when I upgraded to 7 but had a backup of the compiled versions sitting on a friends computer.

Is there anyway to get my code out of these or is it like VB6 onwards and I'm screwed?

Thanks in advance for the help.

squone

If your script was compiled without password and uses AutoIt 3.2.5.1 or older then use the decompiler you get with AutoIt, "\AutoIt3\Extras\Exe2Aut\Exe2Aut.exe".

If you used a newer version, or had a password, then you wont get any help here.

There's a search in the upper right, search for decompilation and you will see what I mean.

If your script was compiled without password and uses AutoIt 3.2.5.1 or older then use the decompiler you get with AutoIt, "\AutoIt3\Extras\Exe2Aut\Exe2Aut.exe".

If you used a newer version, or had a password, then you wont get any help here.

There's a search in the upper right, search for decompilation and you will see what I mean.

I definitely compiled it in a version prior to that but I'm getting the error "The executable file is not recognised as an AutoIt script".

Cant you download the earlier versions from the website and use the correct compiler?

This should have the decompiler you want:

Go HERE

No. If it was compiled with a later version, the earlier one will not be able to decompile it. Re-read the previous replies and note that 3.2.12 > 3.2.5.1.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 5 years later...

Exe2Aut.exe is no longer available and it is not possible to extract code from AutoIt executables for many years

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook