DeskBox 2.0

dantay9

Going back over the cool scripts I've found, I came across DeskBox by torels. I saw that it hasn't been active in a while so I decided to build upon the potential of the idea. I started by adding drag and drop and adding a few options (such as gui size and icon spacing). When I finally finished, the new script didn't look much like the original so I decided to make a new topic.

Edit: Since people are having trouble with my program, I have rewritten it in increments in hopes of debugging the program. The newest version can be found in post #12.

DeskBox.au3

Edited by dantay9

On 2 of my 3 tries running it I had a crash drag-n-dropping folders, but they did persist when I restarted. One of the folders does not open, and the shortcut to a document doesn't launch.

Sorry, otherwise it looks pretty cool.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

Dragging and dropping folders works fine for me. I did find that the folder added does not open and should be fixed now. I have to see what's going on with the shortcuts because the icons aren't working either.

Edit: I think it is fixed now (at least for me it is). The problem was trying to handle folder shortcuts. I just changed the _GetIconInfo to change all shortcuts to their targets. That seemed to fix the problem.

Edited by dantay9

Sorry, I still have issues. I deleted the ini and compiled the new one you posted, no crashes. The first folder I drag over goes to the top-right, but doesn't open when clicked on. When a third folder is added (the original was left there) it goes to the bottom-left, but when the top-right folder is clicked it opens the one on the bottom-left.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

Still working on my computer, but I have uploaded a new version with a bit more error checking.

Your filename get function does not appear to work. Use something like:

$splitpath = stringsplit($path,"/")

$filename = $splitpath[ubound($splitpath)]

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

I have Windows XP SP3 and that is my only computer.

What part doesn't work? If you can take out the part that isn't working so the program works, that would help. I would like to see the code after that.

Everything is working on my computer. I don't know what else I can do.

Edited by dantay9

I am not sure(Dll calls hurt my head}. If I wrote it, I would use a 2-d array

$File[number of file][0=name, 1=path]

If you rewrote it to the most basic form possible, I could help you work from there. Feel up to making a version with just a plain gui?

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

@Corgano

Here is the base of the program. It maximizes, minimizes, closes, and reads the array from the ini. Please tell me at least this works.

DeskBox Base.au3

Edit: I finished the icon placement functions for the program now. There aren't any icons yet, because I didn't want to clutter up the script with functions I know work fine. I replaced these icons with labels, but you can still see how everything is laid out.

DeskBox With Icon Placement.au3

Edit: I added icon support. Now the labels are replaced with icons.

DeskBox with Icons.au3

Edit: Added ability to delete icons.

DeskBox with Icon Deletion.au3

Edit: Now you can add icons

DeskBox with Icon Addition.au3

Edit: Final Product including drag and drop. Can I have confirmation from someone that this version works?

DeskBox v2.au3

Edit: Just updated to the new version of autoit. Sometimes a white background shows behind the icons. Don't know why.

Edited by dantay9