SOLVED autoit-v3-setup.exe Crashes XP

Edit:

The installer didn't crash, I crashed it when I killed the process. The reason it appeared to hang is because Explorer was trying to talk out, probably having to do with digital signing. After I waited it out, it installed just fine. So please disregard!

Thanks,

--97T-

I can't install from the executable in the downloads section on the site.

I'm running a fairly new Toshiba laptop with XP.

Running AVG and Sunbelt Personal Firewall.

Running as administrator. (I know, I know.)

I downloaded twice, in case the first time was a corrupted download. File size reports as 8,352,136 bytes.

What happens is, trying to run the executable results in exactly nothing apparently happening.

Task manager shows no processes hogging the processor, either.

What's freaky is that using task manager to kill the app results in a popup from the firewall asking if I want to allow Windows Explorer to be replaced. (No.) Answering No kills the desktop (explorer). This is the first executable that has been able to bring this machine's install of XP to its knees.

I do try to run only necessary services. I don't know whether the executable expects something to be there that isn't running.

I do have a few background services running besides AVG and the firewall. There is Rockwell's RSLinx, and Windows Update, and that's about it.

I'm baffled.

Is there a set of instructions on how to install from the zipped file?

Thanks for any help you might be able to lend. I'd kinda like to be able to play with this while I'm away from home.

And thanks for a great program!

--97T--

Edit: and the beta installer won't let me install because the original wasn't installed. Neither will Scite.

Edited by NinerSevenTango