Reading from a data grid view

r3dlined

AutoIt cannot access the API for grid controls because they are custom to their compilers and not standard Windows APIs.

Ugly work-around: You can get away with MouseClick() or Send("{TAB}") to get focus to the portion you are interested in, and then Send("^c") to copy text to the clipboard.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yeah, good call. I think I have tried to copy the info to the clipboard and it did not copy the text =(.

AutoIt cannot access the API for grid controls because they are custom to their compilers and not standard Windows APIs.

Ugly work-around: You can get away with MouseClick() or Send("{TAB}") to get focus to the portion you are interested in, and then Send("^c") to copy text to the clipboard.

;)

Confirmed that is a workaround. Any thoughts on info from a list view?

Give up 'till after New Year's? :evil:

If I was really desperate to get that, I might "{TAB}" into the control, then try "^c" to get the item text. If that works, then do it in a loop with "{DOWN}" in-between until the text doesn't change (hit the bottom of the list).

Really ugly, I know... ;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 8 months later...