Submit web form from CSV?

bananas

Hi All,

I'm just getting started with autoit, I've heard nothing but good things, but it is a bit daunting just starting out! So, any help/tips you can provide here would be greatly appreciated.

What I'm trying to do is post data from a CSV file into a web form. Specifically this is a product catalog being posted into an ecommerce platform.

I have searched and read a bit and it sounds like I need to use the IE Builder (?) to deal with the web form and the Excel thingy (?) to suck the CSV into an array for posting?

Am I way off there? Can anyone formalize the process a bit more for me, or just link me to a good thread?

Any help at all would be much appreciated as I'm already behind in this project.

TIA!

Don't dive in to a real-time Line Of Business function without first learning the basics of the language. There are some basic tutorials in the help file, and a more extensive one linked in my sig.

If you have Excel installed, then the Excel functions provide one way to get data from a CSV file. They are listed in the help file under _Excel*.

The functions for working with IE all start with _IE* in the help file. There are example scripts for each one, and they require learning a little bit about the Document Object Model (DOM).

Dive in to the help file and ask more specific questions as they arise.

Welcome to AutoIt, and Merry Christmas!

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

thanks for those tips, I've been learning all morning and autoit is seeming to be more difficult than I thought ;)

my first big roadblock is cookies/sessions. each time I go to Add a Product via the ecommerce admin, the url is dynamically generated as are all the form ids, how do I deal with that?

also, if needed, is there somewhere I can hire someone for this work?

Edited by bananas

thanks for those tips, I've been learning all morning and autoit is seeming to be more difficult than I thought :evil:

my first big roadblock is cookies/sessions. each time I go to Add a Product via the ecommerce admin, the url is dynamically generated as are all the form ids, how do I deal with that?

Not necessarily a big deal if you learn some things about the DOM first.

also, if needed, is there somewhere I can hire someone for this work?

If you want to go there, ask in the Chat forum or go to the Rent-A-Coder link in my sig. That is not considered an AutoIt support question.

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law