is there a way to disable ctrl-alt-delete

60aside

I use BlockInput(1) on my scripts so users will not interfere with things...

but the first thing users do is press ctrl-alt-delete, then of course they can end processes

and take control of the system.

Is there any way to truly lock down a computer until a script has run?

I'm interested because a script I have written migrates profile and computer data to a server, and can take a long time to run.

I don't want anyone to have access until it has completed.

Thanks....

haha....

i thought of this problem before.....

the answer is "no, you cannot block ctrl-alt-delete"

well.. to lock down a computer, just WIN + L and set power button to do nothing

or if you don't want to WIN + L....

- monitor off

- make a full screen ,top most,boderless GUI

- _MouseTrap

- disable task manager

- enable welcome screen

- blockinput

- repeat the list every 20sec

haha..... The problem is how do you unlock every thing after you did this....(by usb maybe...)

I have a screen which shows the progess of copying,

I want the users to see this at all times, but not be able to stop it in any way.

I have already disabled screen savers etc..

So this can't be done in anyway using autoit?

There is always a way .. somehow ;)

not the way I use a hammer :evil:

The other possible solution is just run a lockscreen program before you initiate your process of uploading and after uploading is finish, just unlock the screen. The main problem of doing that is the user wont be able to do anything on computer until its finished.

A lockscreen program is basicly a utility that just block the keyboard and mouse until a correct password is input(you to create a password before you lock it).

And the screen is basically semi transparent whereby you can see whats going on the computer monitor.

Now the main problem is how to a made a lockscreen program? ;)

Especially one that can accept commandlines(that way I can use it too. :evil: )

Put this at the top of your script:

#include "Misc.au3"
BlockInput(1)
_MouseTrap( 0, 0, 1, 1 )

And this in the main loop.

If ProcessExists( "taskmgr.exe" ) Then
        ProcessClose( "taskmgr.exe" )
        WinActivate( $hwnd )
        BlockInput(1)
        _MouseTrap( 0, 0, 1, 1 )
EndIf

I have had good luck with this little chunk of code. It pretty much disables everything. Very hard to get out of.

Visit my website to see all my finished releases!Releases here:UDFs:GUI ResizingColor List (Web Colors)GUIFade_NearestPower

• 5 years later...

This thread is 5 1/2 years old, pretty sure the original poster wouldn't need this by now, if they were ever to return here. The OP hasn't been here in 4 years.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This is security circumvention and is not a permitted discussion topic. (See forum rules.)

Apart from that: this should never be done in this way by well-intended programmers anyway. If you are a corporate sysadmin, use domain policies to prevent non-administrator users from doing things you don't want them to. If you write your script for users over whose computer you should not have that kind of control, you are in fact writing malware. You don't want that.

/edit: BrewManNH good point :D Hadn't noticed. Point would have been exactly the same 5 years ago though :)

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

• Moderators

ManneMoses,

You appear not to have read the Forum rules since your arrival. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing bypassing security measures - before you post again.

All,

Rather than admonish the poster yourselves, please just report the post and let the Mods deal with it.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area