Getting location of Webpage Image for ScreenCapture?

Gui

Well, I have a screencapture of an image, and I want to get it exact incase of a screw up. Before I had already set coords, using the AutoIt Window Tool, but I thought it would be more accurate to get the objects coords from functions. I've tried :

$ex = _IEImgGetCollection($oIE,23)
        $left = _IEPropertyGet($ex,'left') ; Always returns --> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType
        $top = _IEPropertyGet($ex,'top') ; Same here. --> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEPropertyGet,$_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType         
        $right = $left + $ex.width   ; I've tried _IEPropertyGet($ex,'width') and height, but don't work either.
        $bottom = $top - $ex.height

Is this the right way to do it? Or is their a better way? I havn't found anything else to do in the Help File. Thanks.

Looks like you are not getting the correct object in $ex. Do you have _IEErrorHandlerRegister() in the script, and does _IEImgGetCollection() show any errors? You might check @error or the object:

$ex = _IEImgGetCollection($oIE, 23)
If IsObj($ex) Then
    ConsoleWrite("Debug: $ex = object (" & ObjName($ex) & ")" & @LF)
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Debug: $ex is not an object" & @LF)
EndIf

That should be getting something like:

Debug: $ex = object (DispHTMLImg)

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hmm, I see . It was wierd with it's src, it kept changing, probably because it was like an advertisement. I just used :

$filename = @DesktopDir & '\test.jpg'
   $hwnd = WinGetHandle('Title.')
$oSA = _IEImgGetCollection ($oIE)
$right = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().right
$left = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().left
$top = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().top + 50
$bottom = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().bottom + 50
$ii = _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd ( $filename, $hwnd, $left, $top, $right, $bottom, False)

_ScreenCapture_SaveImage( $filename, $ii)
GUICtrlCreatePic( $filename, 1 , 1, 240, 60)

Hmm, I see . It was wierd with it's src, it kept changing, probably because it was like an advertisement. I just used :

$filename = @DesktopDir & '\test.jpg'
   $hwnd = WinGetHandle('Title.')
$oSA = _IEImgGetCollection ($oIE)
$right = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().right
$left = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().left
$top = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().top + 50
$bottom = $oSA.getBoundingClientRect().bottom + 50
$ii = _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd ( $filename, $hwnd, $left, $top, $right, $bottom, False)

_ScreenCapture_SaveImage( $filename, $ii)
GUICtrlCreatePic( $filename, 1 , 1, 240, 60)
I don't think that will work because "$oSA = _IEImgGetCollection($oIE)", without the index, returns a collection object, not a single element. You need $oSA to be a reference to the IMG element, either by index, or walk through the collection looking for another attribute to get the right one.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't think that will work because "$oSA = _IEImgGetCollection($oIE)", without the index, returns a collection object, not a single element. You need $oSA to be a reference to the IMG element, either by index, or walk through the collection looking for another attribute to get the right one.

;)

:idea: Sorry forgot the 6, must of deleted some way when inserting it here. :S not that bad at coding! I would share some of the bots i've made, but they are probably against some rules one way or another. I have a proxy checker that works really well with TCP, I guess I could share that :evil:. Thanks Psalty your always that kind penguin there to help me :evil:.